Chapter 6

Chapter 6

hunter's POV

I see Heath approaching Savannah and I tense up. They start talking and I see Savannah blush. I ball my hands into fist, ready to go over there when he gets up and walks away.

Why did I care so much about her?

I lit a cigarette and watched as the smoke disappeared before me.

How could someone like her love someone as screwed up like me?

She was beautiful in every way possible. Her long dark brown hair and her eyes that were an ocean blue. Her small 5'3 frame and full pink lips.

Not only was she gorgeous, but she had good grades as well.

Me?

I had tattoos and let's put it this way. I didn't exactly have the best grades either.

I threw the cigarette unto the ground and crushed it with my foot.

I felt like kissing her was a mistake, but yet meant to be.

I looked back to find that she was gone from under the tree.

Savannah's POV

I sat down in my desk at Mr. Livenstone's class. Hunter comes in and he sits at his usual spot, which is right next to me.

Memories of the kiss go shooting through my mind and once again, my cheeks start to heat up.

Mr. Livenstone wasn't in the room, so Tiffany walked over to where me and Hunter sat. She was wearing the same thing as always,a tight top and short shorts.

I looked away, annoyed. She couldn't just wait until after school to talk to him?

"Hey Hunter." She gave him a flirty wink. Hunter breathed out an annoyed sigh.

"What do you want Tiffany." He was clearly hoping she would go away.

"Feisty, I like it. Let's go somewhere tonight, just you and me." She sounded so desperate and was completely ignoring me.

Not that I had a problem with that.

Hunter pushed her away. "Go away Tiffany, I told you we were over."

That's when Tiffany noticed me.
"What's this?" Her voice was full of disgust. "I'm much better than her."

Ouch.

"I said Go away. We're over. I don't want you in my life anymore." Hunter growled, which surprised me.

She seemed terrified for a second, but composed herself and walked away.

I looked down at my hands, which were resting on my lap.

"Savannah, are you okay?" Hunter placed his index finger on my chin and he met my gaze.

"Y-yeah. She doesn't like me." I said as it wasn't obvious.

"I know."

Mr. Livenstone came in and he explained why he came so late to class. As he began to lecture, Hunter whispered to me "Are you going to the pool party?"

I shrugged, too bad it was Tiffany's party.

"I'll be there." I was glad for that because I wanted to be close to him.

***

I was sitting outside the school, waiting for Kenzie to come out so she could drop me off at my house.

I pulled out my books and started working on my homework. I barely even started when Heath came up to me.

Kenzie did this after school program so i had to wait at least forty five minutes for her.

I ignored him as he sat down next to me. I think he was 5'10 while Hunter was at least 6'3, but they both towered over me:

"Hey."

Why was he talking to me all of a sudden?

"Hi."

I didn't look at him.

"You're so shy." he chuckled.
I think I know that.

He stared at me and I felt uncomfortable.

"You're cute when you blush." He chuckled, his fingertips brushed my face.

"Thanks." I looked down. His hand traveled down my arm until he intertwined our fingers.

"Heath I-" I tried to say but he cut me off, placing a finger to my lips.

He came closer and then i heard a low growl. My head snapped and saw Hunter grab Heath's collar and push him up against the tree.

"Hunter! No!" He punched Heath's face several times and he fell to the ground. I covered my eyes in horror and I backed away in fear.

I heard the impact of Hunter punching Heath, and I knew he had to have at least a broken nose.

"Savannah?" Hunter walked toward me, and I looked at him through my fingers.

Hunter's POV

When I saw him about to kiss her. I completely lost it. I picked him up by the shirt and pounded his face.

You'd think he know better than to mess with me after what happened with Alexis.

I realized Savannah was probably watching this whole thing so i dropped Heath and walked over to her.

Her small hands covered her face and. she shrinked back in fear.

She stared up at me with fearful eyes, but I wrapped my arms around her as she let out a whimper.

"You shouldn't have seen that." I ducked my head and whispered in her ear. I placed my chin on top of her head and she tensed a little, but then relaxed into my arms.

Savannah's POV

I really hated violence.

I know what he did was wrong but when he came over to me he wrapped his arms around me. My head was against his chest and I couldn't help but love the way I fit perfectly into his arms.

"I-is he gonna be okay?" I looked up at him, with wide eyes. His eyes should barely any emotion about punching Heath.

"He'll be fine." I didn't ask why he punched Heath, the answer was very clear. He almost kissed me.

I should've told him to prevent him from getting hurt.