Ch. 13 - Trust Fall Into the Pits of Hell

Start from the beginning

She laughs. "Don't worry about it. We all embrace the strangeness that is Jett."

"Right," Elliott says and looks to me. "I'm leaving now. I'll be home around eleven, so don't worry about me for dinner."

"Okay."

"Where are you going?" Nora asks.

Elliott looks thrown off by her question. "Uh, I'm hanging out with some friends."

"Cool," she says, fiddling with her fingers. "Are..are you hanging out with Flynn?"

He lifts an eyebrow suspiciously. "No."

"Oh. Well, have fun!" she says happily in her Nora way.

"Yeah. Thanks." He waves goodbye before leaving the room.

I give Nora a look, to which she ignores and keeps going through the photos. "Nora, is there a reason you asked about Flynn?"

"Uh, no," she says quickly. "Jett just told me he and Elliott had a fight last week. I'm just confirming."

"Right."

Jett enters my room, a plate of cookies in his hands. "The task is finished, my friends."

"Let's go bring them to Jonas," I say and stand up from my bed.

Nora and Jett follow me to Jonas' room. I knock on the door twice and wait for Jonas to answer it. Surprisingly, he does open his door. His eyes widen when he sees Nora and Jett standing there as well.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We made you cookies!" Jett says and sticks the plate out. "You can have them when you feel better."

"Jett made them all by himself," I add to let Jonas know how much his friend cared.

"Why would you think I'd want your gay ass cookies, freak?" he asks Jett before shutting his door in our faces.

My jaw drops in shock. Jett sets the plate of cookies on the floor by Jonas' door before running downstairs. I hear the front door open and close with a slam.

"I-I'm so sorry," I say to Nora, still shocked.

"It's fine," she sighs. "I'll go talk to him. Thanks for having us over, Ivy."

I nod and say goodbye quietly. Nora leaves after Jett, which leaves me to go off on Jonas. I knock on his door angrily, not stopping until he opens his door.

"Open your door right now!" I snap.

He sheepishly opens the door. "Hey."

"Hey?" I repeat loudly. "Are you kidding me? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Don't yell at me, Ivy," he mutters. "You have an ugly yelling voice."

I bite my tongue and place my hands on my hips. "You better watch what you say next. I'm about one more asinine comment away from losing it."

"Okay."

"Go over to the Jenkins' house and apologize to Jett right now," I say sternly.