Chapter 3.3: City Of Katharget

When they reached the palace it was already time for dinner and eva was already back from the chamber. After the dining table have been set by the palace maids ,eva told them to go and call the prince and the princess, it was when the entire family was seated at the table that is when Ossien realized there is a probability that eva was annoyed with him because since they came back she has been shrugging his question creating short conversation forcing him to lose interest and now there dining she always smiles and asks each of them about their day, and now eva is frowning and the dining table is awfully quiet looking at the kids he realizes that they to seems to be having the same thoughts he is having.

        “Hea is everything OK, you look disturbed” Ossien interrupts their meal and attempts to touche eva shoulder surprisingly she flinches and pushes his hand away.

        “Fareya, take your brother to the east wing and continue your dinner"eva says with a frown and a sharp voice.

      “But, Ma”

        “No but’s kaito stand up, get going” he pouts when he realise there is no convincing his mother otherwise, he rushes and follow his sister behind.

          When they were fully out of the dining room, she turns and faces Ossien.

        “I will ask you some questions and I want straight answer nofooling around”

         “OK,OK” Ossien replies as he odds his head fastly, it is moments like this he remembers how scary his wife can be when she’s angry.

       “What happened after the meeting?”

         “I fainted”

         “Why didn’t you tell me when it happened and when you came back”

         “b..because it …..Is kind of not that serious and definitely not important” he stutters as he replies

        “ARE YOU SERIOUS” she replies fuming with anger “I RUNTHE CHAMBER FOR GOD’S SAKE DO YOU REALLY THINK IWONT FIND OUT, EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN KARTHATGET PASSES THROUGH THE CHAMBER EVEN NEWS OF CAT STUCK ON TREES, DO YOU REALLY THINK I WONT FIND OUT?”

         “i……I am sorry” ossien stutter as he tries to come out confident, he looks at her his eyes soft he watches her ad she runs her hand through her hair pacing back and forth.

        “why do you have to go back to your old habits” she stops in her tracks and ask with pleading eyes, her voice trying to come out calm and soothing, she sighs and continue “you are not the impaler any longer you are ossien ohikwo, elder of ohikwo clan, father to a very beautiful girl and a very handsome boy, you are my husband, you are mine so stop being an island we are all in this together” she says now standing in front of him he cups her face with his hand and kisses her forehead before hugging her tightly.

          “I am sorry, eva no matter how I try he will always be in here” he pointing to his chest “sometimes I forget that he is of the past and I am of the present” he says as he hugs her tightly contemplating whether to tell her what truly made hi faint; at last he decide to take a leap and tell her “I heard the CALL”. Those where the four words that Eva wished she never heard, her heart was breaking to a billion pieces in a matter of seconds after all Ossien has been through she thought fate will give him more time will give them more time, she staggers backward away from him shivers, tears filling her eyes threatening to escape, seeing her like that break ossien heart he felt pain all he could do was to comfort her, he stood up and hugged her tightly as faint sob escapes her mouth.