VII

35 paces later....

*click,clock,click,clock* The sound of horses was almost loud enough to drown out the talking and chattering, the sounds of children laughing *ahah*,*sqeuals*, the sound of..... silence

As Oba stepped into town suddenly all the noise stopped. The horses, the children, the people shopping, everyone turned to look at Oba. Its like they notice her presence before anyone even saw her, like she was here before she was here. Then the whispers started 

"who's that"-some random lady

"i like the look of her"- a delusional man

"she looks regal"- some kid

"she looks dangerous"- some kids mom

"where'd she come from?"-nosy lady

"whats she want here?"-nosy lady 2

looks like everyone's noticing me Oba thought to herself. "It gonna be harder than i thought, this whole blending in idea." she murmured to herself thinking no one heard. "and why would a woman as beautiful as you want the blend in?" Oba span around quickly shocked and trying to figure who said that. Before a rather handsome man stepped out of the shadows. He was tall , Asian, had long black hair pulled into a high ponytail, dressed in what looked like some sort of soldiers armor. Oba eyed him up and down cautiously, she still didn't trust humans least of all human men. She'd heard the stories about how they treat their women, and she wasn't interested.

"finished checking me out from the shadows in cowardice?" Oba stated boldly. "oh believe me my lady, there is nothing cowardly about my attraction to you, half the town is looking" the mystery man insisted. She still wasn't used to men being so bold with her. In Kankan everyone knew of her marriage to Sango and none were stupid, or ill fated enough to try something when he was around. She had to remember, she's on her own now, she cant rely on Sango's muscles and intimidating height to scare people away for her. No this she had to do herself.

When he called her lady, she could help but think of her moms words, so she did what her mom told her to do, protect her title as any proper goddess would. "actually i am not a lady" Oba said causing the man's eyebrow to raise "oh really, you carry yourself like one, are you sure" he inquired. "yes, i am not a lady, but a goddess" She said the last part loud so everyone could here.

a collective gasp was heard from the crowd, then one short stumpy man stepped forward. "your no goddess, this is blasphemy, prove you are who you say!" he shouted clearly not pleased with her statement. Luckily Oba knew Gods and Goddess lose there household power when they come to earth so they are weaker, but, they still have their overall sensory powers. Like telekinesis, an some level of weather control.

Oba deiced to put on a display for the curious crowd. "you want proof i a who i say i am, fine, here you go" Oba then raised her hand to the sky and commanded "rain" and then it rained. Oba then angled her hand to the short stumpy man and used her gravitational pull to yank him across the crowd that formed, into her hand. 

Her hand gripped his collar tightly refusing to let him go, as she started to lift him of the ground he started to struggle. "please wait stop, im sorry my lady i-" he was cut off by Oba's next words "my goddess you mean" then she raised her eyebrow for him to repeat after her "yes ... my goddess, i am sorry i doubted you, please have mercy on me, i have a family" her cried, she put him down after that. Yet the man kept crying "oh relax im not gonna kill anyone...yet" Oba said ominously messing withe the crowed. 

Oba would never kill anyone... would she? no of course not she thought to herself. Then a young woman kneeled on both knees and bowed her head. Shortly after that the rest of the crowed followed after the girl. Soon everyone in the square for as far as Oba could see, all kneeled and bowed their heads. 

silence

silence

"please take my offering of bread, my goddess" the young lady who was first to bow said before sticking her hands with bread out while keeping her head down. Oba walked over and took the bread, she inspected it, it wasn't the usual red color like in Kankan, part of her didn't know if it was safe to eat. But the lady wanted Oba to have it, so she took a bite. To Oba's surprise it wasn't bad, not bad at all, an you know what else wasn't bad? the couple hundred people bowing to her.

Oba then said "where can i rest my head, im quite tired" An older lady spoke this time, she said "i own a very nice hotel, i would love for you to stay...free of charge of course, my goddess" The lady kept her head down the whole time. "yes thank you, and you can all stand and lift your heads, thank you for the show of respect" Oba said appreciating the peoples kindness. Back in Kankan people were always kind to her but not because they liked, or admired her and her strength but because they were scared of her mother, and father.

Thinking of her family and home in Kankan gave Oba a twisting feeling in her gut. She could do without that . "alright show me the way to that hotel, yes?" Oba asked the lady. Soon Oba was being shown to her hotel room. As she lied down she couldn't help but think back to earlier, when everyone thought she was going to kill that man. 

Oba knew she wouldn't ever kill, but the brief pause it took her to answer her own question bothered her, more than she'd like to admit.