They made sure my hair and make up was perfect before they all walked out

I did a little spin for Mary and she said she loved it.

There was a knock on the door and she said she would open it.
I nodded and walked towards the mirror.
I couldn't help myself, I don't think I've ever looked like this.

"Wow" I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned around to see Mason in a black tux with a tie that matches my dress.

"You look gorgeous"

"Thank you" I couldn't help myself but blush

"You don't look to bad yourself" I added

"Thank you, shall we go m'lady"

"We shall good sir" he out stretched his arm and I looped my hand though his we walked out the room and into the hall.
There was a lady with a tray that had masks on them.
Mason tied his and he handed me mine.

It was a blue mask with feathers and I could hold it with a stick. It really was a beautiful mask.

We slowly walked towards where the ball was headed

When we were almost there I couldn't help myself but stop.
Mason looked at me and held my hand tighter.

"Everything okay?"

"Yes, yes everything is fine. I just need a second to get this all in."

We started walking again and suddenly you can hear a man call Mason and my name.

"Prince Edward accompanying lady Sophia"

And then the doors opened and everyone and I mean everyone stopped what there doing and looked at us.

We slowly walked down the stairs. And I probably turned Masons hand blue from how tight I was holding it. I was afraid I would trip and fall down the stairs and ruin this beautiful dress or worse embarrass Mason and his family.

When we got downstairs people slowly pulled apart to form a runway of sort.
Mason started walking again and I followed as we walked people bowed slightly.

When we reached his mother she kissed his cheek and looked at me a way I haven't seen in such a long time.

She hugged me whispering I looked beautiful.
She pulled back and smiled at me before clapping her hands.
And not a second later music started playing.

"May I have the first dance m'lady" Mason asked

"Mason I haven't danced in such a long time I could trip or hurt you..." Before I could finish Mason stopped me

"Trust me Sophia"

And with those words I took his out stretched hand and he lead me to the middle.
The music started from the beginning and we danced.

It's been years and years since I've danced but this felt amazing.
After the first dance finished everyone clapped and the second song came on and we started dancing again and soon people started joining us.

This day will probably be one of my favourite days of my whole life and I'll forever remember it.

We took three more songs before my stomach made strange noises that I'm sure the whole room heard.
Mason laughed before he lead me towards the food table.

We both filled our plates before heading towards the table where Mary and few other people were sitting.

Surprisingly we both finished our plates and we chatted with some people.
I excused myself to go to the bathroom and Mason was going to stand but I told him I could go myself.

I walked towards the bathroom and Aria and Cat followed behind.
I asked if they could bring me my flats from my room because my feet were killing me.
And Cat said she could go bring them.

We continued to walk. Once we got there I cleaned my hands and looked myself in the mirror.
I was about to smile when an unfamiliar face popped into the window.

"Better watch your step, darling you never know what could happen, don't say I didn't tell you." And just like that she disappeared.

"Did you see that?" I asked Aria

But she told me she didn't see or hear anything.
The door opened which made me look up and in walked Cat holding my flats.

I quickly changed into them and walked back towards Mason.
At this point he is the only one who could calm me.

--------

I hope you have a great day. Please don't forget to vote.