Making A Choice

Pride's POV
"Kill him next time..."
"Kill him...."
"Kill..."

I sat straight up in the bed I was sleeping in. After seeing Father, I went back to the armor. What was his name again? Oh right. Alphonse...why did that name sound so familiar? Did I know him in the past?

-Time Skip-

Al and I walked back to the place I had visited again. We stepped inside.

Al's POV
Brother's been acting strangely. He seems distant. Especially the look in his eyes. They seemed so...empty. Just what happened to him when he was on that mission? We walked into the Colonel's office, and he looked at us.

"Elric's." He greeted.

"Good morning Colonel." I replied.

"Fullmetal." Colonel stated, looking at him. Ed looked at him, and didn't reply. It was like he was a zombie.

Pride's POV
I looked at Mustang, and then to Alphonse. "Yes...?" I asked, seeing them both looking at me.

"Nothing, Fullmetal. Anyways, here's your next assignment." Mustang replied, handing me the folder. I nodded and took it, and Alphonse and I looked through it.

"Seems easy enough." We walked on to a train in order to get to the mission. As it drove, I stared out the window. When we arrived, the town looked halfway empty. Seems like someone had been destroying the town. Alphonse and I went to investigate everything, and while doing so, I learned about his brother, Edward.

Apparently, he had a short temper, and hated when people called him small. I also learned that he was really famous. He saved a lot of people's lives. I don't understand why he's so great. Humans aren't supposed to be like that are they? Maybe I'll ask Envy, or Lust about it when I return.

"Brother look out!" Alphonse yelled, and I turned around, only to feel a bit of pain in my shoulder. The wound begin to close itself quickly, and my eyes were wide. Was that because of the philosophers stone? Alphonse ran towards me. "Brother! Are you alright?!" He asked. I nodded.

"Just fine." I replied. From the corner of my eye, I watched as my shadows killed the criminal we were after. "Anyways, I think that was the guy who we're after! Let's go check!" I explained. Alphonse nodded and we went up into the tower the man was.

"What?" Alphonse gasped, staring at the now dead man. I pretended to look shocked.
"Brother, we have to report this to the Colonel." Ah yes, the Colonel. It I think it's time, I payed him a respectful visit.