Chapter 17 - Part 1

Começar do início

"Be there in a sec," I shouted back and hastily finished braiding my hair, milkmaid style, and let loose strands frame my face.

I grabbed my purse and ran towards the door, opening it with such speed and closed it with so much force. I inhaled heavily before fixing my clothes and finally making small, slow steps down the stairs. I made my way towards the living room and immediately, Nick's head snapped up and his eyes met mine. He stood up from his sitting position and shamelessly checked me out- while I did the same to him.

He was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with black sleeves, of which he rolled up to his elbows. His jeans were black and hung low from his hips and he finished his look with black canvas sneakers.

"Pretty," He murmured and offered me a grin, "Shitty," I joked and chuckled when he frowned.

"So will the two of you just going to stand there all day because I also have to leave." Luke emerged from the kitchen and raised an eyebrow at me and Nick.

"Shut up," I said at the same time he threw a set of keys my way, I almost missed it. Almost.

"Off you go!" Luke shouted in an English accent and pushed us towards the door. He shut the door behind us and ran straight like Usain Bolt on crack before turning round the corner.

"M'lady," Nick said and offered me a hand.

"Kind sir," I replied after locking the front door. I placed my hand in his before we strutted towards his car.

Yes, you read that right. The mothertrucker - scratch that. My mothertrucker of a mate strutted.

-

"I spy something green." I groaned and placed my head on my hands.

"Niiiiiiiiiiiick," I drew out, "For the twentieth time, the answer is tree." I whined while he laughed at me. Like, a full-blown I-find-this-hilarious laugh.

"Hey, don't blame me. All I see are trees and some other green shit anyway." He defended and briefly glanced at me before returning his eyes back on the road.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked him nonchalantly and fiddled with my hair.

"For the fifty-seventh time Sky, no. I will not tell you where we're going." He firmly responded and I looked at him with a frown.

"Damn it, don't give me that look. I want to surprise you and I know that you'll like pa-" He immediately raised his hand and clamped his mouth shut.

"Like what? Tell me." I pressed and widened my eyes dramatically at him before squinting it at him.

"Nothing, I'm not going to say anything. Zip." He replied and gave the road his undivided attention. We were both silent for a moment before my mouth opened on its own.

"I don't like surprises, to be honest." The words tumbled out of my mouth and I mentally scowled at myself.

"Wait, you used to like surprises back then though." He stated and gave me a puzzled look. I pursed my lips before answering him.

"Ever since that day," I started to say, his silence urged me to go on.

"That day at the cafeteria, when you told me to get lost after I lashed out on Rebecca. I was surprised, mad, terrified and sad all at the same time. I was mad at Rebecca, terrified that I might lose you and sad because I totally didn't think that someone like her could do that." I exclaimed and he opened his mouth to speak but I spoke again before he can utter a syllable.

"Most of all, I was surprised though. I didn't expect that you, of all people, would flip me off like that. I was a hundred percent confident that you'd be on my side and instantly dump her once I told you what I saw. So imagine how I felt after those two words came out of your mouth." I finished and chuckled nervously when I felt the tension in the air.