New Project

1. Go to A-kon

2. So something extreme

3. Cosplay as Yoruichi

4. Host the best party ever.

5. Dye my hair

It started as an assignment for photography.

"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but the right picture brings back a million memories."

Mr. Collins always did come up with strange projects, and this one was no different. We were to make a bucket list. After we completed all the items on the list we were required to turn in one picture that would remind us of everything on the list. I wrote them down as they came to mind, deciding to complete them by level of difficulty.

"How many are we supposed to have again?" My friend Erica asks me.

"No less than three," was my reply. She nods and goes back to chewing on her pencil.

Mr. Collins skims over each paper, handing them back to us so we can get started immediately. The bell rings and I head next dood to studio arts while Erica rushes off to math. Erica and I meet up three class periods later for lunch. We got in the lunch line.

"So what did you have on your bucket list?" I asked her.

"Oh, go to A-kon, do an awesome

cosplay, go to prom. The normal stuff. You?" She replied.

"Same, minus prom, host an awesome party, and dye my hair."

I feel an arm snake around my waist. I turn my face slightly and receive a kiss on the cheek.

"So what is this about you dying your hair?" asked Trent before planting a kiss to Erica's forehead.

"We had to make bucket lists for photography class." Erica explained.

"One of your goals is to dye your hair before you die?"

"Before I graduate." I corrected. I turned to my boyfriend, Christian.

"So what do you think?"

"Do you still have the list?" I handed him the list from my pocket.

"You know as much as you put your hands in my pocket I probably could've gotten that myself." It's true, my thumb had developed an unusual relationship with his pocket. He skimmed the list before handing it back to me with a smirk.

"I'm guessing odds first then even?" I re-read the list in my mind, realizing his way was easier.

"Yep."

******

1. Go to A-kon

2. Do an awesome cosplay

3. Go to prom

4. Make my prom dress

5. See Kayla in a dress

"So which version of Yoruichi?"

"The butterfly version. I'm going to be a ticking time bomb." Erica and I were hanging at her house, a couple days after we got the bucket list assignment. I was looking through various costumes online, trying to find an option that doesn't look like I just threw on some rags and paint. Thus far, no dice.

"Just buy the wig and make the dang thing." Erica suggested.

"Are you gonna help me?" Erica was a seamstress and damn good too. When she moved here she claimed the basement instead of an actual room. Her parents didn't want her sleeping in there, so she took the smallest bedroom in the house with the condition the basement was under her control. I looked around, again admiring the girly office space. The walls were striped light blue and white, her sewing machine was in the corner, and her drawing table between the machine and a series of mannequins. The wall behind them had shelves of fabric. The twin oversized beanbag chairs we were in shared the center of the room with a projector on top of a small table, which cast an unobscured picture onto the only plain white wall in the room. The small space by the stairs was where she kept her finished pieces, a sleeping bag and a small pillow. Even though her parents were opposed to her sleeping down here, she frequently did, claiming she overworked herself.

"I'll help only if you design my prom dress, let me make yours, and let me do your hair and makeup."

"Deal." I grabbed my sketchbook from my Fairy Tail messenger. Erica was one of the most talented seamstresses I knew, but according to her, I was the more creative.

"Sleeves?"

"Sleeveless."

"Neckline?"

"Halter."

"Backless."

"Has to have a back"

"You're not getting a back."

"Fine." It went on like this until I had finished my sketch. I had drawn a backless, floor length halter dress with a light blue to dark blue ombré skirt, and a mermaid train. I handed her the sketch and proceeded to create mine. It ended up being a deep red color with a sweetheart neckline and side cutouts.

"It'll need some embellishments because it would be too plain, but I like it." Erica said as she took it and pinned it to the cork board next to her sketch.