Chapter Twelve

I'm sorry for always posting late...writing has been so difficult to me lately and just life has been such a blur but that's too long of a story to share right now. I WANT to write a good chunk of this story while I still have my summer break (one more month) but I work 15 hours a day so it's hard to find time to write. I can't make any promises but I'm going to TRY so please have patience :(

PLEASE leave a comment to let me know how it goes! I would love to hear feedback especially after being away for so long.

Chapter Twelve

The next few days I hadn't seen Jeremy in school at all just like he said he would. School has become very boring since his absence. I felt myself just stepping into the routine of school, home, homework, sleep. Every day after school, I would go over to Derek's house to drop of schoolwork and homework for Jeremy but in all the times I visited, it was always Derek who greeted me. I never saw Jeremy even though I felt the extreme pull whenever the doors opened.

I didn't want to admit that my life became that dull and I didn't want to admit how much I needed Jeremy but we were mates. I don't know anyone who has gone this long knowing who their mate was and not do anything about it. 

I guess the absence of his presence has made me even more unapproachable. No one at school wanted to talk to me. Even Bryon pulled me aside one night at home, asking if everything was okay. When I explained to him why, he understood but he was the only person who really knew what was going on. Everyone around me, including my family, were just growing worried but was too afraid to confront me.

When the school bell signaled the end of the day, everyone quickly packed up their stuff to leave. I shoved my notebook filled with notes I didn't even notice myself writing into my bag and went up to the teacher to grab whatever homework that Jeremy needed for that day.

"That's very kind of you to help out your fellow classmate like this, Pristine," the teacher complimented. I thanked her but didn't feel great about it. I would rather have Jeremy just come to school and life go back to normal.

After I picked up work from all his teachers I quickly stopped by my locker to grab some more books for myself. By this time, the hallways were emptying out and the socializing had moved to the front of the school where people usually made plans to hang out and go to the downtown mall with their friends. I grabbed what I needed and slammed my locker shut, following the wave of the people outside the school and into the student parking lot.

I saw Bryon standing in front of his car with his back leaning against the hood of the car. When he noticed me coming his way, he waved his hand at me in greeting, grinning like a fool. His smiles always warmed my heart. I happily made my way towards him and he gave me a hug in greeting.

"How was your day at school?" he asked, taking the big pile of Jeremy's homework from my hands.

"Thanks," I smiled at the gesture. "It was the same old. Nothing new."

"When our lives are so hectic from responsibilities, it's good to take a break and live a old, boring life," Bryon smiled. I knew he was right. Living a mundane life of a student was the best thing we could ever ask for. There was no more war. The last one ended with our parents. Even the responsibilities to maintain peace at this school has been easy with everyone getting along so well. We should be relaxing and praising the moon goddess of this time of peace.

Bryon opened the back seat to put Jeremy's homework. I opened the passenger seat to get in myself when Bryon hesitated, looking around the campus for someone.

"Are we waiting for someone?" I asked, trying to look around to see who Bryon was trying to find.

"Tristan texted me that he needed a ride today and wanted us to wait," Bryon explained but there was doubt in his voice. Ever since we started attending the Institute, Tristan's womanizing actions has worsened and it became pretty common that he ditched us when we hung out or went home after school.