Chapter Six

Sorry for the late uploads :( but I hope you really like this chapter! I really enjoyed writing this one and it's super long! I really hope you guys like it...especially the bonus POV at the end ;D

Chapter Six

Halloween was just around the corner and the autumn air was refreshing compared to the heat of the summer. Fall was my favorite weather because I could walk in Derek's woods and see the colors of the leaves change into a variety of colors. However, this year, I was too busy helping out indoors than actually helping myself in the outdoor weather.

This year, the Derek, Travis, and Zane, thought it best if they had a little social gathering in the Institution for a Halloween party. They thought it was the best idea for everyone to get to know each other and mingle and so they naturally, they made Pristine, Tristan, and I the leaders to make this happen since we were all related to the Big Three.

I was skeptical about working with Tristan at first but I realized as long as I do my part and avoid any contact with him it would go smoothly. We had gathered a few people and now we were scattered around the enormous gymnasium, putting up the decorations for tomorrow's party. Orange and black filled the gymnasium and they even make a fake cobweb. It was starting to look well put together.

"Do you need help with that?" a voice called out in a teasing tone. I was on a ladder putting up the party strings when I looked down to see Pristine at the bottom of the ladder. I taped the last one on and climbed swiftly down, hitting the floor with the soles of my shoes.

"All done," I said easily, brushing off the invisible dust on my gray hoodie.

"Looks like you got a lot done," Pristine said, looking up at the decorations I had just put up.

"Yeah, everyone's been working pretty hard though," I said, pointing to the few people who had helped out. I don't know what made them want to help in the first place but I was glad that they were helping without any fights or arguments.

"Hey, so we actually forgot to buy the cups and plates for the refreshments," Pristine said, suddenly nervous. She looked at her feet a couple times before looking back at me. "Can you go with me to the party store?"

"Yeah sure," I said, trying to make my voice sound cool and calm but underneath the exterior, I was excited that Pristine had asked me of all people.

We took Pristine's car because apparently she didn't trust anyone's driving but her own. After five minutes in the car with her it didn't make sense why she thought her driving was any better.

"Pristine, you are a horrible driver." Pristine suddenly jerked to the right, avoiding a car that had abruptly begun to slow down.

"I'm not a horrible driver. They are!" Pristine said, pointing at the car they had just passed.

"Do you even have a license?" I asked, beginning to feel uncomfortable in my seat. I wasn't afraid of crashing because a simple crash wouldn't kill us but it didn't mean I was any less nervous. She swerved another car making the car to honk angrily at us. I bent my head down, slightly embarrassed to be in the car.

"No not yet but I'm learning it from dad," Pristine said, looking at me.

"Pristine, the road!" I yelled and Pristine swerved again, coming close to hitting the man next to us. The man gave us a dirty look and the middle finger but Pristine didn't seem to notice.

"Alright, alright! I know what I'm doing," she said, sounding unsure of herself. She took the next exit and slowed down when she turned into the parking lot of the store. By this time, I was had one hand holding my seat and the other over my seatbelt. If I had a beating heart, it would beat erratically.