Chapter 35: the truth

Jessica's POV

It's been a week since we moved in with Vanessa.

I have to admit I'm so happy. Finally no more motels just us in a stable place with the people we love.

I look at Jason outside the house talking on his phone.

He looked happy. I wonder who it is. He doesn't have friends or family.

I walked outside and he hung up.

" Breakfast is ready." I said.

" Thanks babe. Betzy looks so happy here." He said as he looked at Betzy playing outside.

" I know right. You also looked happy on the phone. Who were you talking to?"

" An old friend. I remembered his number and we were catching up."

" Oh. Thats great." I peck his lips.

" Do you know that I love you more than anything in this world?"

I rolled my eyes playfully.

" Don't make me blush. And I love you too."

We walked inside to the kitchen.

He sat down on a stool to eat his food.

" Mmm.. So good. I missed this. Eating take out food all the times was good but this is better."

I smiled.

" It feels so good to not be running away."

" Yeah. So babe what you are going to do now? We are finally in a home. What's next?" I asked.

He stopped eating then looks at me.

" Good question. But don't worry I stole all my dad savings so we have for at least one year to live with it."

" You mean you took. It's yours after all. You are his son so it belonged to you."

" Ah yeah. Kinda of.."

" Sorry baby. I know it must be hard." I kiss his cheek.

" Yeah. Uhm I have to go."

He stand up then walked away just like that.

" Jason wait. Jason!"

He didn't came back.

Jason's POV

" McCann you made it." Chloe smiled.

" Uh yeah. I wanted to talk to you. Look.. I have a wonderful girlfriend and-"

She shut me up with a kiss on the lips.

" Oh please Jason. If you wanted to tell me that you should have done it through the phone not in person. You know you came here for more than a speech about your girl."

I sighed.

" She doesn't deserve this.."

" Come."

She grabs my hand pulling me towards the water.

" Lets swim."

She took off her shirt staying only in her bra's.

" I can't go home wet. She will know."

" Easy. Take off your clothes."

I knew this was wrong. I knew Jessica could kill this girl in just a blink of an eye. I knew this wasn't the right thing to do but I haven't had sêx in so long.

It's not Jessica, Its me.

---

I got home and I see Jessica smoking some weed while she talked with Vanessa.