Chapter Twelve

Treat You Better
Chapter Twelve

I plop down on the couch next to Josh and he hands me the PlayStation controller. We start the game and play until dinner.

"Shawn, Josh, dinner's ready." We nod at my mom before pausing the game and walking with her to the kitchen. "When are Mia and Sam coming over?"

I look at the time on my phone before shrugging. "They should be here soon."

I grab the large spoon and scoop of a big portion of mashed potatoes and put it on my plate. I add chicken and green beans before putting gravy on top of the potatoes. I grab the fork and start to eat the food on the plate.

"How was your guys' day?" My mom asks, putting a spoonful of potatoes in her mouth. "Do anything fun?"

"I didn't do anything worth mentioning," Josh replies, stabbing green beans with his fork. "Shawn and I just went and walked around the city for most of the day."

My mom nods before turning her attention to Aaliyah and asks her some questions.

When Josh and I finish eating, we excuse ourselves and race up to my bedroom. He shuts the door behind him before falling on top of my bed. It only lasts two minutes before he's running to my closet, and I'm dropping to the ground, as the window slams open.

"Oh my god," the voice says. "You guys are chickens."

"What the hell, Sam!" Josh exclaims as he moves from inside the closet.

"You guys should've seen yourselves!" Mia falls to the floor laughing. "You were so freaking scared."

I roll my eyes at her before shoving her arm lightly. "Not that funny."

"Oh, yes it was." I smirk.

"Was it funnier than the time you made me get you out of th-"

"Shut up, Mendes! We said we'd never talk of it again."

She slaps her hands on my mouth before I can say another word. My eyes crinkle as I laugh into her hands, and then I stick my tongue out and lick them.

"You are disgusting!"

"No, I kind of want to hear what Shawn had to get you out of," Sam says and drops onto the bed stomach first. "So what is the story?"

I smirk and lay down in front of her. Mia slaps my back repeatedly as Josh lays down next to his girlfriend.

"Shawn," Mia says. "I swear if you say one word."

You'll do what, sweet girl? Hit me? I'd rather hit on you.

[Made July 2, 2016 - Rewritten June 12, 2018]