Request - Robb Stark "The King in the North"

You were struggling to keep breathing and you could barely feel your heart beating in your chest. But Robb had told you to hold on and that's what you were doing. That's what you were trying. For the first time in all those years you understood what fighting for your life actually meant.

Fighting for your life was not about swinging a sword on the battlefield. It was not about slitting throats and piercing hearts. It was for sure not about riding a horse and avoiding the arrows that were landing on you from above. Fighting for your life was knowing that every breath, every heartbeat could be your very last.

"Robb..." Your voice was barely a whisper and you weren't even sure if Robb had heard you through the wind and the rain.

"You need to hold on one moment longer, please!" Robb kept on running and you could heart his heart racing in his chest. He was carrying you in his arms, despite the bleeding wound in your stomach, despite the thousands of soldiers that were running after him, that were doing whatever they could to get the King in the North killed.

"I can't..." You closed your eyes and you felt how the entire world started turning. Ever since you had pledged your loyalty to the boy who had no rightful claim to the iron throne you had known that a moment like this would eventually come. Eventually you would die for him. You knew that you should regret the path leading towards this moment, but you didn't. You didn't regret promising to protect the young wolf and you for sure didn't regret eventually falling in love with him.

"(Y/N)?" Robb carefully shook your body, but you weren't able to react anymore. "(Y/N)!" He screamed and his knees fell down in the mud while the tears started to roll down his cheeks, his chin, eventually ending on your already wet skin. "Don't leave me." He wrapped his arms around your body and pressed you as tight to his chest as possible. "You're my queen. You're my wife. You're my everything."

Your lips curled up into a small smile and all the pain you had been feeling disappeared. You knew that his words and his tears wouldn't heal you. They wouldn't change the fate that was waiting for you, the fate you had encountered when a sword meant for him had pierced your skin. They did prove you however that it had been worth it. Everything had been worth it. Even dying was worth it. "I love you..." You couldn't open your eyes to look at him, but you could imagine the sadness spreading across his face.

"When I'll take Kingslanding, I'll be thinking about you." Robb pressed his soft lips on your forehead and then he screamed. He screamed loudly. He screamed without the fear of being discovered. He screamed and screamed until he had to let you go. Until he had to stand up. Until he had to run again. Until he had to make sure he would be able to keep the last promise he had ever made you. He would take Kingslanding, with an army ready to do what you had already done.

Die for him.