Chapter Four

Brody's POV

I wasn't the least bit surprised when I woke to the feeling of emptiness flowing through me. I can't believe my parents actually moved me to their hometown just to leave me here and go back to California.

It wasn't fair, I hated it here; it's been a week since I got here and I could already feel as though something bad was going to happen. Pushing the feeling away I focused on something I've been dreading since got here.

School.

Although, I couldn't say I hated school, it's just that starting over at a new school is probably the hardest thing for a teenage boy to have to do. At least Hannah would be by my side. I was completely thankful for her, not only was she my best friend, but my saviour. She's helped me through everything; depression, my parents absence, and the death of my second favourite person in this whole world, my grandfather.

You name it and she was there for it all.

People always thought of her as scary, and that's how she wanted everyone to see her; but with me she was the sweetest, kindest, and outgoing person any person could be around.

The first time we met was actually a pretty funny story; she was the new girl at our school; coincidentally this was also Hannah's hometown too. Anyways, she saw that a bunch of 6th graders were bullying me, at the time I was in the 4th grade, and she beat them up for bullying me. As soon as she was through with them she turned to me scowling, then she lectured me on how I shouldn't let people push me around like that. Then she pulled me into a hug and I instantly knew that we were going to great friends.

Needless to say I was right.

She promised not to let anyone hurt me, and she kept her word all throughout these years. No one dared mess with me while she was around, which was a lot. She never, not once, left my side.

Me and Hannah, we've been through Hell and back, so when my parents told me we were moving here my first thought was, what about Hannah? The same day I came to a conclusion, I decided to just bring her here with us.

At first I had to beg my parents to let her move with us but they refused, then I had to go as low as telling them I wouldn't go with them if they didn't bring her. After days of convincing my parents we had to convince her parents. They were the real challenge. It took at lot of work but she ended up moving with us.

I didn't think I could live without this girl, she was my everything. Now I know what you're thinking, but no, I wasn't the least bit interested in her. She was just the only person who understood me. Don't get me wrong she is incredibly attractive, I just don't swing that way, if you catch my drift.

No?

Well, I'm gay.

Shocker? Not really. I've known since I was like in the 6th grade. Or was it 5th? Eh, whatever.

The only person that knows is Hannah; it wasn't that I was scared of coming out to my parents it's just that they weren't home long enough for me to mention it to them. When the time did come, though, I would let them know.

In the mean time, I was perfectly content with my life the way it was now.

Except for the fact that it was 6:21am, on a Monday morning, and today was my first day at McKinley high.

Finally, getting my lazy ass out of bed, I dragged myself to Hannah's room and saw that she was already up. She sent me a wide smile, "Ready for our first day of Hell?" she asked still smiling.

"No," I deadpanned.

She frowned, "Why not? We're seniors! This our last year of our high school careers, then we'll be off to university!" She exclaimed. The thing about Hannah was she despised high school, and the people in it. So, she was happy this was our last year. Very happy.