Chapter Five

Brody's POV 

"Who is he?"

This was the first thing Hannah asked me as I exited my first period class. I found it slightly creepy how she had gotten here before I even exited the class; her class must be close by.

"I was kidding when I sent you that text! I didn't actually expect you to say yes!" She continued to pester me. Here I was, thinking she was actually serious when she sent it. Guess I didn't know her well enough to know when she was kidding through text. 

"Well, I didn't actually say yes, I said maybe," I informed her.

"If you want to get technical! C'mon Brody, you can't actually find anyone, in this god awful school, the least bit interesting!" She bellowed.

I was about to hush her, since she was attracting unneeded attention, but then I thought about it carefully. Hannah hated, more then anything in this world, when some one told her to calm down. Especially when it came from me. She took the saying, "Never tell a girl to calm down. It just makes them more angry," to a whole new level. 

"I do, but it's nothing to be worried about. I would never spark the interest of someone like him anyways," I said with a sad sigh. Such a shame too, he really was the hottest guy I had seen all day. Though, I only have been here for a few hours. 

"Minus 20 points," Hannah said suddenly.

"What?" I gave her a confused look. What the heck is she even saying? Weird girl, she is. 

"Every time you put yourself down I subtract 20 points from the 100 points you start off with. If you have zero by the end of the month then there will be severe consequences," she explained. 

"And when was this decided?" 

"Right now," she said with a shrug. Hannah is definitely something else. 

"Okay... So what happens when if I end the month with more then zero points? What do I get?" I asked curiously. I like this game, it sounds like a challenge and I am always up for a challenge. 

"That, my dear friend, is a surprise," she said with a wink. 

"This is why we're friends; you always find a way to get my spirit up, now I'm determined to make it through the month with more then zero points!" I said with a smile. 

"Good! Now don't think I forgot about this little crush of yours, who is he?" She said with a raised eyebrow.

I sighed. "Vincent, Vincent Pezze- something. I can't remember," I told her.

"Hm, that name rings a bell," she said looking deep in thought. 

"You probably know him, I don't know, you did live here before you moved to Cali." 

"You're right, let's just get to math before were late!" She exclaimed. Why math was her favourite subject I will never understand. 

~*~

Lunch.

My favourite part of going to school. Not only do I get to scope out cute boys but I get to eat while doing it, It's a win-win situation for everyone. Well except the boys that are getting checked out by another guy. It's not my fault though, I am a human being with needs; boy needs.

Okay, that's a lie, I don't care to date but that doesn't mean I still can't check them out.  

"What do you want?" Hannah asked me.

I looked up at the menu and  pondered for a minute. Slowly, a smile crept onto my face, "Pizza!" 

"Pizza it is," Hannah said smiling down at me. "Hey, why don't you go look for a table while I get us some food?"