Chapter 29

The electric cleaning toothbrush circled around each of my teeth. I didn't like it, but I knew Niall was being gentle. As much as I hate being in this chair, there is an up side. I get to look at his beautiful blue eyes and blond hair the entire time.

It took Niall some time to be able to convince me to come in for an open practice day. After he promised me a burger from Big Cow and a kiss, I gave in. I couldn't resist.

When we had arrived to the small dental room, I sat in the chair without hesitation. It wasn't because I wanted to get it over with. I figured that if I fell asleep in the chair before he started he would carry me out and let me sleep. That didn't work. He tickled me a little and kissed me. I tried to be stubborn, but I had a hard time closing my eyes to sleep when I wanted to keep them open to look at the cute boy teasing me.

I felt okay when he lowed the chair and turned the light on, but it was when he put the gloves on all the nerves settled in. He tried asking me why they bothered me so much, but I couldn't put it into words. How do you say, "The gloves remind me of the horrifying men," when you don't want to get started on that topic again?

Well, I guess none of it matters that much any more because the appointment is over. He rises up the chair, turns off the lift and throws away the ugly gloves.

"See, that wasn't too bad," he comments.

"I guess so," I reply. There was only some truth. "None of it matters anyways now, because we are going to get some good food."

"First off, of course it matters. It mattered to me, because I care about you and I feel calm knowing your dental health is taken care of for the time being. Second, yes we are going to get some good food. I don't think any other place could make a better burger."

"Agreed."

"Ready?" he asks.

"Already ahead of you."

*****

At the moment, we're finishing our burgers along side of the lake; the one we came to on the day we met. Little ducks follow their mother as they swim across the gleaming waters. With the sun reflecting off of every piece of nature, it looks like a scene set up for a movie. Beautiful.

Niall arms was wrapped around me, hugging me close to him. Every so often he would place a small kiss on the top of my head.

"Niall."

"Yeah."

"Remember when you asked me about why I hated the gloves."

"Yeah..?"

"Well I thought about it, and figured out how to put it into words. When you don't have the gloves on and I look at your hands, I see Niall. When you have them on, they don't look like your hands anymore. They look like the hands of... You know who I'm talking about."

"Do you feel the same way about the chair, the light, the tools-"

"You don't have to list everything, but yes."

"It means a lot that you trust me to tell me all of this."

"You're the only one I trust, Niall."

He looks down at me with the most affectionate eyes. Slowly he leans in for a kiss. I wish I could live in this moment forever.

*****
(Nialls POV during this moment)

"You're the only one I trust, Niall."

I'm not sure if it was the way she looked at me or all the thoughts running through my head, but I suddenly had an idea. I knew it would work better than any therapy or open practice days. It would be a surprise I could show her at the end of the summer. Not only would she love it, but every future patient at our family clinic would love it too. And maybe for the first time in history, people would love going to the dentist. And I mean LOVE as in wishing they could go more than twice a year. Damn, I feel like a total genius.

Looking into Elle's beautiful eyes, I couldn't resist any longer. I make my move and go in for that kiss I have been waiting for. I love this girl.  I'm never going to let her go.

*****
I bet no one can guess what his great idea.