p r o l o g u e

• • •

"Ahhh, all in a days work!" Alya sighed as she stretched her arms towards the cloud-less sky. The girl looked to her side to find her best friend looking up at the sky, smiling. "It's an absolutely gorgeous day today..." Marinette hummed as she pressed her head against the luscious grass, tugging Alya down to do the same. Obeying her best friend, they both inhaled a deep breath and heaved it out. The Agreste mansion's garden truly was a place of beauty. It was big too so when they were on break, no one would ever find their favorite spot.

"Have room for one more?"

The two females smirked at the voice as they looked up to find another close friend. "Took you long enough Nino, what was the hold up?" Alya asked as they watched him sit by Alya. "Gabriel insisted me on checking that we had enough food to last the next month." Nino answered as he cracked his knuckles. "More like decade." Alya muttered making the other two laugh.

The three simply looked at the ever so blue sky for a few silent moments. They listened to the most smallest details; like the sound of nearby bushes swishing, or like the happy chirp of birds that flew by.

"By the way guys, did you know that Gabriel is choosing the new personal maids later tonight?" Nino asked. Alya nodded but Marinette's eyes widened as she paled. "Oh my gosh! I completely forgot!" She staggered up as she groaned.

"Don't sweat it, we can cover your shifts tonight." Alya chuckled. Marinette looked at her as if she had grown another head. "Really Alya, that isn't ne-"
"How many times have you covered for us?" Nino butted in as he stood up too, offering a hand to Alya. "You've covered us for dates, dinners, family, just for being helpful and so much more. This is the least we can do." Alya added as she stood up. Marinette let out a defeated sigh. "You got me, but don't go overboard." she warned in a motherly tone as she began running out of the mansion.

"You got it Mari!"

"We'll be down at your place to help as soon as we've finished covering your shifts!"

Marinette let out a whole-heartidly giggle as she turned around to face her friends then quickly back as she ran out of the garden.

Little did they know that a lonely male watched from the balcony of his house.

• • •

Hopefully there will be frequent updates