THREE: Alex and the Cheesy Fries

Start from the beginning

She held out a hand, stopping me from running

"I am guessing she told you?" She asked, an eyebrow raised. She looked pained, sad and hurt. I didn't know what I could do, to stand there like an idiot or run up to her and hug her.

"Who?" I asked, I watched Kate sigh and look over my shoulder to the light. I followed her gaze and out came Mitch. She looked like Hell on two feet.

Her white dress was ripped on one side, holes were present in the leg area and brown spots seemed everywhere. But, what scared me the most was her face. It wasn't pale anymore, it was an off purple-blue color, and some spots on her face were darker than others. And her grey eyes didn't have its normal sparkle and her  black hair looked like a bird's nest. Mitch looked dead.

"What happened?!" I cried, running to Mitch. Her and Kate stayed still. Deathly still.

What the Hell is going on, I thought, looking at my two, broken best friends.

"Lilah, you must believe. You have too," Mitch's voice sounded horse, like she was screaming before she appeared here.

"Believe what!" I shouted. I was angry and confused. Nobody was telling me anything and it was starting to freak me out.

"This," I heard someone whisper behind me.

I whirled around and saw Ace. He was holding a knife.

"Ace," I backed up. "What are you doing?"

"I'm sorry," He whispered, tears streaming down his angelic face. "I'm so sorry."

"For what?" I whispered. I felt my knees fall into the soft green, grass next to him. I reached out and stroked my shaking hand through his dark hair, but, before I could reach it, he made a quick movement and stabbed me in my stomach.

I gasped, watching where the fabric that once was white, turn to a dark, scary shade of red. The pain was unbelievable, hot and itchy, numb and tingly. I felt my body go limp and fall to the grass, but before I hit the ground, Ace caught me and slide my head into his lap. He was still crying, I reached a very shaky hand out and touched his face. He lifted his hand up and held it there.

"Lilah," He whispered, I felt a few of his tears drop on my face. "I need you to wake up."

"W-what?" I croaked, my vision was starting to go blurry, I felt myself slipping. 

"Lilah, wake up."

 I felt him still and then he was gone, everything was gone, I closed my eyes and let the light take me, I let myself slip into its warm, comforting grab and by the time I realized that I was gone, I smiled. 

----

"Lilah, wake up!" I felt someone's warm hands shake me awake. I rolled over and groaned. The sunlight from window casted down on my face, the warmth felt nice, but the light didn't.

"Ugggh, five more minutes Mom," I mumbled, snuggling deeper into my bed. Wait a second...I quickly threw myself up in bed, looking at my room. I was in my bed, how did I get into bed, I fell asleep on the couch

"Mom? How did I get into bed?" I yawned, rubbing a hand over my face, trying to wipe the tiredness out of my eyes.

"Think again," The voice was laced with laughter. I slowly turned to where I heard it taking and felt my mouth drop to the floor. Scratch that, I heard my mouth drop to the floor.

"Ace! What the hell are you doing here! My parents with skin you alive if they find out your in here!" I whisper yelled, getting up and out of bed to stretch.