Swatches of Time

A/N: They've casted Noma Dumezweni as the new Hermione Granger, right? For the sake easy narration, let's have an Asian Hermione. Think Liza Soberano. Hermione to me, is an epitome of every girl who visits these fan fiction websites because she stands for who we want to be; intelligent, brave and strong. Therefore, she doesn't just belong to one race but to the entire female gender as a whole.

This story is inspired by watching Red Cliff 1 and 2, obviously casts Takeshi Kaneshiro as Zhuge Liang. This story follows Red Cliff, historical facts on some perspectives and the Romance of the Three Kingdom loosely. Harry Potter epilogue and Hermione/ Ron romance in the latter books ignored. No Voldemort, there was still a troll and Hermione, Harry and Ron still became friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Swatches of Time

Hermione woke up in a daze and to a hand wiping her face with a wet cloth. "Who are you? Where did you come from?" An Asian teenager wearing weird clothes kept on asking in a language she did not understood. She looked around the strange shelter, she was supposed to go to her next class. But as she was turning the dial of her time turner, something went wrong. She saw a flash of light and here she was.

'He's speaking in Chinese. I just don't know what dialect. I better try this universal translation charm.' She thought to herself as she watched him struggle to communicate with her. She groped within her jeans pocket, which she charmed to expand and put things in, particularly her wand. "My name is Hermione. I came from England. Where am I?" Hermione asked using the most basic words she can, given the fact that the universal translation charm is limited in its translation.

Instead of answering her question, the boy looked at her curiously. "You're like me aren't you?" He asked looking pointedly at her before glancing at her wand. Hermione then watched with both fascination and awe as the young teenaged boy effortlessly cast a wandless spell.

-------------------------------------------------------------

His name, Hermione would eventually find out, is Zhuge Liang, a farmer who is also a scholar. She's not familiar with Chinese history, but she can swear she's heard that name before. According to his story, he saw her fell from the skies in a flash of light, she was lucky to have landed on the fresh hay stack they have just prepared. Luckily, there had been no one around except for him and his younger brother, Zhuge Jun. He carried her to their small resting nook within the fields and asked his brother to return to their home.

He asked his brother to keep her falling from the sky and now, her abilities, a secret, given how people will react. He had been given a wide berth seeing that the Zhuges were a respected family. But having magic in these very superstitious times is revered at best and persecuted at worst. Hermione took a while to absorb this, seeing that it means that she was sent back to a time before the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy. She took the clothes he gave her and as she struggled to put these on, he helped her forgetting the modesty his times dictates in the excitement of seeing another with the same abilities as he.

-------------------------------------------------------------

She had been at his home for a few days now, helping out with the chores as he and his brother taught her. In some aspects, it was almost back breaking labor, she however can't complain seeing as she'd actually been given the lightest of the household chores. But cleaning a thatched cottage in the middle of a rustic farm is no joke. Both Zhuge Liang and Hermione had no idea if she's ever coming back to her own time seeing as the time turner lost all of its sands, so he took the liberty to lend her their older sisters' clothes and brought a few things for her as well.