Good Night

For those of you with dirty minds no this is not a steamy chapter so don't get your hopes up.

It had been three hours and I could do nothing but pace and become more worried. What if he'd been caught? What if they did something to him? What if- my worries thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing. I picked it up off the coffee table. Ava! I picked up and excitedly said, "hello?!" I heard a squeal on the other end, "Rowen I can't believe you're still awake! But one question, is there a reason I just saw Sammy here like twenty minutes ago?" My heart just about stopped. "Ava I need to get over there! He locked me in my room!" I yelled into the phone frantically. "Did you think of called the lobby and asking them to help you?" She asked dryly. I stopped pacing as I realized she was right. "Oh yeah!" I could practically hear her rolling her eyes on the other end. "I'll be right there!"

I ran as fast as I could to the hospital. And it was like ten miles away too. By the time I got there I was half dead. Emma and Jackson were there with Ava's parents, and Emma was frantically yelling into a phone. I walked up to them and she nearly choked me to death with her hug. "I was so worried Rowen! I thought Sammy left you..." I pulled her back to arms length. "What do you mean he left me? Yes he left me at the hotel against my own free will, but I've been there the whole time until Ava called me and I got out." She gave a suspicious look, "and how did you break out?" "Relax mom I just called the main lobby and they came and unlocked me." She took a deep breath. "Ok. I have no idea how I haven't yet died of a heart attack from the things you do." I let out a little laugh then asked, "hey can I see Sammy? It's kind of really important." Emma gave me a strange look as she walk up to the front desk to ask about him. When she came back she had a nurse next to her. "You can go see him very briefly." I breathed out a sigh of relief.

The nurse led me into a room where Sammy was lying on a bed with bandages covering his whole left arm. He also had several cuts and bruises on his face and he had a big gash on his right knee. I swallowed as I went to sit down next to him. He looked up at me. "Rowen quickly call James and tell him to get the security footage." I pulled out my phone and called James.

After I talked to him he told he'd call me back when he got the security footage of Jordan's dad apparently beating Sammy up. As soon as I hung up I turned my attention to Sammy. "What happened?" He turned his head to look at me and I felt my heart break into a thousand tiny pieces at his pitiful state. "Let's just say he confessed. On camera, and on tape." He motioned to his phone sitting on the table next to the bed. I picked it up and went to the voice recording and played it. "Of course I messed with the results to get my son into the trials." There were sounds of fighting in in the background. "I also helped him get rid of all the potential threats to getting on the team." This continued until the fighting suddenly stopped and it kept going until he got far enough away to turn it off. I set the phone down shaking with anger. He put his hand over mine, which was resting on the bed. "Calm down ok, we're going to catch them. But it's really late so for now just get some rest." "Ok," I sighed. "Here." He slid over on the bed and I crawled in next to him, already feeling exhaustion from the events of the day kick in. He put his good arm around me and murmured, "good night Rowen."