Family

When I awoke, I panicked, where was I? Then the faces surrounding me came into focus. Emma, Jackson, Ava, Jimmy, Sammy. I cried with relief that I remembered who they all were. I leapt into Emma's arms and held on tight. "Don't let them take me away mommy." I whispered, "don't worry baby, I won't let them touch you." Without letting go I asked, "can I still swim?" It was Ava who answered, "yeah you can, you weren't hurt badly, the cat just stunned you. You're probably just going to need to rest for a day or two." "Thank god." I whispered. Jackson hugged me and Emma together. I eventually let go of them and Ava grabbed me into a death hold. "Don't you ever scare me like that again. You hear me?!" I laughed, "yeah, I hear you." A doctor then walked into the room where I was. Followed by the two people I'd met at the pool. The ones who claimed to be my parents. I shrunk down behind Emma and Jackson. Ava helped them form a wall between me and them. It was Emma who spoke first. "You want her you go through me first." "And me." Said Jackson, putting his arm around me and Emma." "You don't want to see what I can do when I'm mad," warned Ava. To my surprise Sammy joined in as well, "I cause this whole mess in the first place. And this is my chance to make it right. You're not taking her away from the family who kept her if I can help it. Plus my dads a lawyer. And he could solve this problem like that." He snapped his fingers. "We're her legal guardians, you can't do anything." Emma. I pushed forward. "Let them speak." I said. The woman got a soft look on her face and reached for me again but I backed away glaring at her. "I said to give you a chance to speak. That wasn't an open invitation." The man took a deep breath. "We're your real parents, I promise, we have tests to prove it, and we could do another one whenever you want because we're not lying. We were forced to give you away-" "be who?" It was the woman who replied, "well, we chose to give you to two other trial competitors who knew they wouldn't get in." "Ava," I said, "already on it." She replied while typing furiously on her laptop. I knelt down next to her as she pulled up the results we wanted. One was an old news article, headline 'Jamie and Faith Heart drop out of team U.S.A. To raise a child. Previous parents unknown.' She then flipped to another tab, where it showed the top people on the team. Top two, James and Ella Walsh. All their times were the best in breast and back. I began shaking. Not with fear, not about to pass out. No. I was shaking in anger. I stood up slowly. And faced the people who gave birth to me, apparently. "You gave birth to me. So what. You took care of me for two years until you got bored. And you come back now? I don't really care honestly. There are six people who've done good for me in this world. And I'm willing to bet you a million dollars neither of you are one of them. I want my real parents by my side. And you're not real parents. Family isn't about blood. No. That's not family at all. Family is someone who loves you no matter what, someone who's always there to lean on. Who will listen to you no matter what. That's what family is, and you're anything but that. With that I left the hospital room. Followed by my family.

A/N wow that got really emotional I just followed my thoughts honestly. And I guess I'll keep on being sentimental while I'm still in the mood, animeshark I love ya girlie. Well wait, I love ya my fellow crazy Martian. I don't know if you'd do the same for me but I don't really care because you're always there and that's enough I'd walk through Tartarus and back for you.💖😜😄