I looked at him, trying to figure out his mood. His sea green orbs were emotionless and he looked calm. Way too calm. That was the problem. If he were shouting at me, it was okay. But he seemed like he didn't care. And somehow, that hurt the most.

  "Was that the most craziest thing you've ever done?"He asked and his voice wasn't like I expected it to be. It was empty and emotionless. I had expected him to be angry but he was just nonchalant about it. Weird.

I just nodded my head in a stiff motion. His emotionless face suddenly broke into a mouth splitting grin and his beautiful set of pearly white teeth shone even in night time. Wait. Wasn't he angry? It seemed that he was. Where was this sudden change of behavior coming from? I wondered. Maybe he really was happy?

  "Oh Brown, that was plain amazing though it was dangerous. You are never doing that ever again. You have got to promise me. It was just plain dangerous and on a serious note what were you thinking?" He snapped at me, his grin replaced with a fiery glare that had me cowered away. He was angry. Hell, he was fuming. Like crazily.

  I was wrong. He didn't look happy. At all.

  "I was just having fun. Like you said I should," I said, my voice came out a little squeaky. Scratch that, a lot squeaky. His eyes softened at my words and he nodded his head.

  "Fun is something you should do as long as it's safe. That was just plain dangerous and scary as fuck. What if something happened to you? Your best friend might have killed me, dug my grave and buried me. No scratch that, she would have buried me alive. And that also so deep, I wouldn't make it out alive. And you? I don't know what came over you to do something that foolish, but don't ever do that again. Do you understand?" He asked, his voice no longer that scarily emotionless but plain concerned.

  "Yes," I said and as soon as the words slipped out of my mouth, I was embraced in a warm hug.  If there was an award of the 'best hugger' it would have been awarded to Nolan. Trust me, it was the best hug I had ever received in my entire life. Even better than my mother's comforting one. It was not one of those bone crushing ones but it was pretty close.  Close as in I could feel his body heat on me. And it had me enveloped in. My face on his chest and his chin above my head.

  "You scared me there,brownie," he said, burying his face in my hair. For some people, the statement didn't matter much. But for me, it was heart warming. Maybe because it was his genuine and sincere voice. But maybe it was the fact it showed he care. Whatever that maybe was, it had my insides melting as if hot burning lava was poured into it.

--

  "What are we doing here? I am cold! Can't you feel the wind too?" I said, my teeth chattering in the windy weather and soaked clothes. It was still raining. I had my arms crossed, trying to get as much as body heat as possible.

  I looked at Nolan. He too, just like me, was soaked. But he literally pulled the look off. He didn't look like a wild cat like me. And the windy weather surely didn't affect him. At least not visibly. He wasn't chattering teeth like me nor was he shivering.

  "Come on, I'll show you," he said as he grasped my hand and took me inside the park. The pathway was filled with wet leaves from the trees that lined the road. After rains, that was one of a common occurrence. There was no one around. I mean, how can there be? It was almost midnight. I was kind of shocked to know that I wasn't really sleepy even when it was way past bedtime for me.

  A few minutes later, we arrived at the 'so called destination' and it was nothing but a beautiful clearing. I never knew this side of the park. It was pretty isolated. I wondered how Nolan knew about this place. It was still raining but I could still see the surroundings clearly. The placed was lined with beautiful trees that bore different and colorful flowers. There was a large ground with freshly cut green grass that looked breathtakingly beautiful. There was a small bench for people to sit. Somewhere when we reached here, Nolan's hand had slipped out of mine and my hand found itself missing the heat radiating from his grasp.

  "Why are we here?" I asked Nolan once I stopped looking around and to him only to find him laying his hand out for me to take, a silly grin on his face. I looked at him questioningly.

  "May I have this dance?" He asked, trying to sound posh but came out funny. I couldn't help but giggle at the sight. Here, the supposed bad boy of the school was asking to dance with me. I didn't think he could be any more cute.

  "That is so cliche. And we don't even have music," I stated while his grin faltered a little but he never retreated his hand back. It was still intact.

  "We don't need some," he stated and before I could even complain a little he had taken my hand and was now pulling me towards the ground.

  He had his one arm secured around my waist and I had my one arm on his shoulder while our other hands were interlaced together. We swayed a little and the wind whipped past our faces. He twirled me around and I couldn't help it, I let out a gleeful giggle. One that was happy. I was happy. I never knew that I could find happiness in the arms of someone who I didn't even knew existed a few weeks ago. Weird, how life takes twists and turns.

  He was smiling. His eyes were burning with an emotion I hadn't known for awhile. Content. They were content. They were satisfied in watching me happy. A genuine smile shone on his face which was as bright as the Christmas lights. I felt myself grinning at his contagious smile. His smile was contagious. He was contagious. And even if we had known each other for a few days, I knew it that he was soon going to grow on me. But I was scared of that. I was scared of him growing on me. And then leaving me. Hanging. Asking for more when that was all he could offer. That was what I was afraid of.

  We were already completely wet and continued soaking but at that moment we didn't care. It didn't matter that we were cold. We were drenched. It just didn't. What actually mattered was the fact that we were happy. Like real happy. We were smiling. Living our lives. And we were proud of it. We knew that once we were old, old enough to not do anything of this sort, we had some memories to hold onto. We had something to think about and smile about how crazy we were back in the day. And that was making me grin even wider.

  We continued staring at each other. Sea green eyes to the brown ones. His eyes were so deep. You could practically swim in them. They shone with many emotions but one stood out. Happiness. He was happy and so was I. The rain continued pattering around us and a few minutes later the rain stopped completely. That was it. The trance had been broken and we scrambled out of each other's arms soon.

  Just as I got away from him, my phone started blaring. I fished it out and saw Nick's name flashing. I mentally rolled my eyes at him and picked the phone.

  "Where are you? Do you know what is the time? Hailey told me you are out with some friend. You better hope this friend isn't some guy or I am beating the daylights out of him tomorrow. And why aren't you home yet? You know I have been worried sick," At this I practically scoffed at his words. Nick? Worried for me? Impossible with bold alphabets.

  "Stop it Nick. Stop this pretense like you actually care. Go show your stupid acting skills somewhere else and you're not my father. Even if I was with a boy, it shouldn't affect you. Oh and I'll be back in a few minutes," I said before hanging up. I wasn't really ready to face his wrath. I knew my words made him a little angry. Thank God Hailey didn't tell him that I was with Nolan or else Nick would have sent a search party for me. He's weird like that.

  I looked up and saw that Nolan had his fists clenched and his jaw tightly shut. He seemed angry. But when he saw I was looking at him, he calmed down and gave  me a tight lipped smile.

  "We need to go," I said, breaking the awkward silence and he nodded. We started walking outside and this time, he didn't hold my hand. My hands were practically itching to be engulfed in his but I held back that urge. Stupid teenage hormones.

  We reached his bike and he offered me a helmet and looked at me once again. As if he were scanning me. He shook his head and got on the bike but before I could even sit, he turned around and looked at me.

  "You should wear your hair down more often. It suits you," He said and I froze. Idiot. He definitely knew when to say the best of things to make my knees go weak.