Selling My Soul to His Royal Nerdiness. (25)

Weston Taylor

I liked to keep the ladies under the impression that I was absolutely perfect.

Not that I ever kept a girl long enough to get toknow me. Nope, I was just your typical hot pig: Wham bam, thank you Sam--or Emily, or Natasha, or whatever the hell your name is, I really can't remember and frankly I don't care...

That was the name of my game. And hell if I didn't love it.

Still, I couldn't help but be the tiniest bit pissed about Chance and Macey. And then having Anna do the dirty work for him? Not cool. I wouldn't be surprised if Macey showed up at school on Monday with castrating Chance in mind. Until then, though, I frustrated him enough that we got into a wrestling match. And then I kicked his ass. If anyone asked though, it was totally over a video game.

My nephew could throw a hell of a punch...

I pulled into the gas station that I was looking for and put on my sunglasses--partly because I was still irritated from the fight and likely to snap at anyone who wanted an autograph, and partly to cover the huge shiner on my eye. Black eyes were not perfect, and neither was feeling sorry your nephew's ex. girlfriend.

Anna wasn't the only one who went driving when she wanted to relieve stress. Normally I would've gone for a ride, but I needed more gas anyway.

I opened my door and got out, already knowing that I'd drawn attention simply by pulling up. Not a lot of people around these parts has a brand new 'Stang with custom designs--an early birthday present from my dad, Drew.

He wasn't around a lot when I was a kid, partly because he didn't believe that I was his and partly 'cause he had a lot of other stuff to think about. His career, Jamie and Will's reality TV show.When my mom finally had me though, just a month before Anna and Chance was popped out, surprise surprise! I looked almost exactly like him, undoubtedly his son.

My mom's then-boyfriend, Will's dad, kicked her out and Drew took responsibility. I was raised in the lap of luxury, but not by my mom--oh no, she was too delicate to raise a son. (And a daughter too, from what I heard from Jamie.) Maids raised me until I was about four years old.

I did everything I could to get one of them to at least look at me. Threw temper tantrums, broke jewelry, drew, colored, played nice. And then I crashed a golf cart into my mother's Mercedes, and she had enough.

I was packed off and sent away to live with my half sister, the mysterious one who wasn't mentioned.

It was the best thing that my parents ever did for me.

When I walked into the gas station, a fan was blowing softly in my face. It was mid-afternoon, about an hour after our fight. I hurt all over, and I was dying for a Coke.

I walked to the freezer section and opened one of the doors, bracing myself for the cold before grabbing a bottle.

As I shut the doors, I surveyed the gas station for chicks. Even though I was in a pissy mood, I always had time for the ladies--after all, a kiss just make my boo boo all better. I smirked at the prospect and searched the low shelves--bingo!

Dark brown hair in a high ponytail. I let the bottle of Coke fall to my waist, ran a hand through my hair, and sidled up to her, peeking in. God forbid she be hot from the back but have a golf ball sized mole on her nose or something...  

Not too bad. She was wearing a red shirt with Snoopy and Woodstock on it and capris with sneakers, a striped hoodie covering her arms. She was shorter than me, a little below my chin. Her skin was tan and smooth, her nails chewed but whatever. 

She was studying something that I couldn't see with an almost anxious expression on her face.

A damsel in a distress. Hells yeah.

I straightened and began slowly walking past her. She didn't look up as I passed, so she didn't see me when I "accidentally" bumped into her.

She gasped and I caught her, superhero style, forcing down a grin.

"I--" She looked up at me, huge brown eyes like a puppy dog's wide and innocent. They were rimmed with red, like she'd been crying. It was my lucky freaking day.  

Fish. Hook. Sink--

"Watch it!" She snapped. Those wide innocent eyes became daggers and had me backtracking like a madman.

I liked it.

"I'm so sorry," I straightened her, taking my hands away from her. "I'm such a--"

"Asshole," she spat. "You're an asshole. Why did you bump into me?! Why is everyone bumping into me today!? Am I wearing a huge freaking sign that says 'treat Christina like dirt'!?"

It was not my lucky freaking day. I raised my hands slowly, trying to calm her down like I'd do Kolbie. "I didn't-"

"You men are ALL the same! I swear to GOD!" She screamed, suddenly, and stamped her foot while I slowly made my way down the aisle, trying to get away from the crazy girl. I'm pretty sure that all eyes were on us.

"Listen," I tried again as she fumed at me. She looked hot when she was mad. Too bad she was crazy. "Just forget that that I ever--"

And then she started bawling. Like, literally, snap decision bawling. Her chest heaved with sobs and huge tears started rolling down her face as she ran towards me, hugging my middle.

"I'm sorry!" She wailed. "I just--I just broke up with my boyfriend, and he was great, and now I think I'm pregnant and I don't know what test to choose--"  

My very lucky day.

Annabel Taylor

"Anna," Silas tried.

i was out of the car before he could finish, slamming the door unnecessarily hard and stomping up my driveway. I could feel his eyes on me as I unlocked my front door with shaking fingers, but he didn't get out of the car and I didn't turn around.

Finally, someone opened the door. I was shaking so badly that I couldn't keep myself from falling forward.

Arms wrapped around my body and hauled me up, a growled, "Oh my freaking God, you have got to be kidding me." coming from him. West.

He pulled me into the house and shut the door behind him, locking it. I hugged myself and stared nowhere.

"Kid." He pinched my cheek a little. "Kid, you okay?"

"...define okay."

"Are you about to be hysterical? Because if you re, at least wait for me to go and get Chance or Noah or some other guy that worships the ground you freakin' walk on. I've filled my quota of hysterical girls for the girl, thank you." His voice was thick with sleep, irritation, and...anxiousness? Huh. Never thought I'd see the day when West Taylor cared about someone other than himself. 

"Can I...talk to you?" I looked up at him.

He recoiled as if he'd been slapped. "Hell no. I've managed to stay out of your recent family drama enough, only adding hints here and there. If you need to get something off your chest, again, tell me who you want me to get."

I thought about it for a moment, then answered his question. He looked surprised for a moment, then schooled his features back into the same sarcastic expression. Only grumpier, because I woke him up.

"No way. If you want her, you're going to wake up the beast yourself." 

He turned and began walking away. And then he stopped, looking over his shoulder with a weird expression on his face. "He didn't...he didn't hurt you, did he?"

I swallowed. "Just my heart." 

***

So! I haven't uploaded in a while! Dedicated to this fan because she basically lit the fire that made me write this. So yeah. Hope you enjoyed! Keep in mind that I'm half asleep writing this...I'll edit later.  Picture of West----> played by Penn Badgely! And Christina is, in fact, teenie7296, the newest character!You'll find out more about her later on!