Selling My Soul to His Royal Nerdiness. (14)

Dedicated to dunnoyet, check out their story A.C.E. They are so awesome.

The last part was almost criminally short and you guys...you guys are brilliant.

The song is Hollywood by Michael Buble (love him). Also by popular vote (you two know who you are lol) Noah is played by Aaron Johnson. The top is before, bottom after :D. I held off putting his picture up because I didn't know who to put exactly, but you two inadvertently made up my mind :) thanks! I could really decide whether he looked better with curly hair or not though, but I DID say that Noah had his hair cut so....that's him ---> :)

*

Anna Taylor    

Later that day, the phone rang. Kolbie snatched it up eagerly and I watched, faking casualness, as her eyes lit up. "Oh, hey, Silas."

My stomach drooped into my feet. Bye bye, casual.  

"She's right here! Yep. Uh huh. Yeah, here she is."

I hurriedly shoved the rest of my PB & J sandwich into my mouth, nearly gagging myself. Kolbie made a face and brought the previously outstretched phone to her ear. "You're going to have to hold on for a moment, she's using the bathroom."  

Someone handed me a glass of water. I looked up at Noah, suddenly embarassed about the fact that my cheeks were puffed out to maximum capacity.  

"Chew," he advised. "Swallow."   

So I did, but not before sending him an irritated look at his patronizing tone and taking a long swig of the water.  

"Thanks."   

He shrugged, suddenly moody, and left, holding an ice pack to his head.  

I took the phone from Kolbie, who was blabbing about her day, and brought it to my ear.   

"Hello?" 

"Hey, Anna." How could someone saying your name make your knees tremble? I literally collapsed in a chair, leaning back. Don't let him affect you so much...   

"Um. Hey."

"So, there's this girl who hasn't called me yet and, well, I'm worried that I may have forced her to give me her number..."  

"You didn't," I blurted quickly. "I mean, she didn't mind...sorry." I finished lamely. "There's just been a lot going on over here and--"

He cut me off by laughing. "I'm joking."  

"Oh."  

"But the whole flustered thing is really cute."

"AWW!" Kolbie had pressed herself against the other side of the phone. I swatted at her and she stuck her tongue out at me, laughing as she danced away.  

"Little sisters," I grumbled.  

"It sounds fun."

"To you, I suppose. You don't have to deal with them on daily basis. Do you?"  

"Nope. Only child."  

"Lucky."  

"I'd love to have a twin though."  

"...How did you know that I had a twin?"  

"You told me," he said confidently.  

I shook my head. "I would have remembered telling you something like that."  

"Well, you did. But I didn't exactly call to argue with you..."  

"Right, right." I shoved the 'twin' thing to the back of my and asked, "So why did you call?"  

"Don't worry, I'll make this quick. I can hear the he-is-so-irritating tone in your voice."

"I do not sound like that!"

"You're barely tolerating me." I could hear the teasng behind his voice. "I actually called about our date. Friday night?"