The Pursuit

Enjoy!

The loud blaring of the alarm woke Brittany up, she slowly flutter her eyes open and adjusted her eyes in the sudden brightness sipping through her window. She groaned loudly before tapping the gadget off and lazily placed the pillow over her head whilst closing her eyes tight shut.

“I hate you Santana!” she yelled, her voice went out muffled as she added pressure on the pillow over her head.

Once again everything flashed back, everything that happened a week ago. Everything.

Santana’s last words nostalgically played.

“She’s sorry, you know.” The brunette mumbled lowly.

This has to be the only word that Brittany has been waiting for, all this time. A little sorry and explanation, then everything would be fine. Everything would go on its own way.

Brittany just bit her lower lip and nod before closing the door behind her. She can hear the fading footsteps of Santana along with the tears that once again her eyes letting to fall.

“I know.” Brittany choked out before bringing the back of her hand by her cheek to wipe the tears that already escaped her eyes.

It’ll be 3 weeks before Christmas, and the snow started to fall. It’s been a week since Santana has never showed any weakness when it comes to getting Brittany back. At the end of every day, the wedding would flashback and she would ended up snapping on Santana and everything but every morning the Latina would still be the first person Brittany would see, like she’ll prepare special breakfast for the blonde and she would always help Brittany in every projects they would do.

Quinn was away for almost a week she said that she has something in Lima and there she left the other blonde with Santana’s presence every time she would woke up and every time she would close her eyes. It’ll be a sin if she’ll deny she didn’t enjoy those times with the brunette, laughing in front of the TV whilst clutching a bowl of popcorn on their hands. It just reminds the old days.

Brittany rolled over before tearing another groan from the back of her throat.

It’s happening!

~

“Morning, Q.” Brittany cheered as she entered the kitchen the other blonde a quick peck on the cheek.

Quinn mirrored Brittany’s smile as she took a seat beside her best friend. She eyed the blue-eyed girl questioningly when Brittany continued shimmying in her seat and looking at her expectantly. “Problem?” she asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

Brittany gave her a pout as she carefully grabbed the coffee Quinn has prepared. “What date is today?” she retorted as she brought the lid by her mouth.

Quinn tilted her head as she placed her pointer finger by her chin and hummed. “First week of December?”

“I mean the exact date.” She added sternly.

Quinn just knit her brows together as she let a few seconds pass before answering.

“4th of December?” Quinn inquired innocently. Brittany just gave her an unimpressed look as she stirred her coffee an obvious pout playing along her lips.

“Oh!” Quinn exclaimed causing Brittany to snap her head and eyed Quinn hopefully, she even clasped her hands together before grinning widely.  “We have a children birthday party to shoot.” Quinn cheered back as she swung her mug empty and head towards the bathroom.

Brittany’s smile automatically vanished as her face fell down. Seriously? “You’ve got to be kidding me!” she yelled at the other blonde receiving a loud slamming of the bathroom door. “Right. You’re serious.”