Chapter 2: Carriages and Chloes

Marinette and Nino's conversation ceased as the normal carriage chatter turned into excited whispering. Marinette looked up to see a smirking Chloé walking through the carriage followed by a gorgeous, confident looking blonde boy; the sort of guy who knew he looked good.

"I feel like I recognise him," Marinette whispered to herself, mentally flipping through all the faces she knew.

A magazine was shoved in her face. La Mode Magique, the top fashion magazine in Wizarding France, and on the cover was a young model.

The new girl sitting next to Marinette whispered, "It's Adrien Agreste! Top model, son of.." She flipped the page to show an image of a well-dressed man.

"Gabrielle Agreste!" Marinette squealed, "My favourite designer!"

"Yup!"

Their eyes followed the boy as he greeted Sabrina and the three sat down together.

Nino leant over, "Looks like he's friends with Chloé and Sabrina though, as well as being crazy rich and a teen supermodel, that is not a dude worth anyone's time."

The blue eyed girl sighed, "You're right." She turned to face the new girl next to her, "I'm Marinette by the way, and you are?"

"Alya."

"It's nice to meet you." Marinette smiled.

A head leant over Marinette's shoulder "And I'm Nino."

Marinette offered some of the freshly made macaroons. "So, you are new this year?"

Alya took one, "Yep! Moved over from Martinique this summer."

"You don't say?" Nino said, "I'm originally from Morocco myself..."

The three of them slid into easy conversation, forgetting about the famous blonde boy sitting on the other side of the carriage.

~~~

Adrien tried to hide his grin and sat with his well practised, composed model smile. He didn't know much about school other than what he had read, and they all said you had to look cool or you would be labelled an outcast. That's how it worked...right? Adrien shrugged to himself, he had nothing to worry about, Chloé and Sabrina would help him fit in.

Adrien looked over at the chattering girls, Chloé was showing Sabrina some jewellery in a magazine that her father was going to buy her. Without meaning to, Adrien's eyes flicked to the watch on her wrist, 3:42 p.m. His gut clenched. He was supposed to be at that photo shoot 12 minutes ago. Nathalie would definitely know by now that he hadn't turned up.Adrien took a deep breath and prayed silently that they took off before-

"Adrien!" A sharp voice rang throughout the carriage causing everyone to whip their heads around and the golden boy to freeze as ice ran down his spine. He closed his eyes and sank into his seat.

He knew that voice anywhere.

Nathalie.

"Adrien Agreste!" She stormed into the carriage, the Gorilla stood menacingly behind her, "What on earth do you think you are doing? Come back out here now! I am taking you home right this instant!"

Adrien's eyes whipped open, "Nathalie! Please!"

"You know your father is against this-"

"But I want this!" Adrien stood up to stand his ground. "I just want to go to school like everyone else! What's so wrong about that?"

"Enough Adrien! I won't speak any more on the matter. Now pick up your bags and-

"What is going on in here?" A frowning woman with red hair appeared through a side door in the carriage. She approached Nathalie, "Is there a problem Mademoiselle?"