Part 9

I lied with my back on the ground looking up at the roof. Not that their was really anything to see but some broken rafters and birds nests. I rolled over to my left and found Cole staring at me, his eyes were still open but he looked tired.

"You should get some sleep." He whispered.

"I've been sleeping for pretty much the last, actually I don't know how long. I've lost track of the days. but you should sleep you look exhausted." I whispered back.

"I told you about me, what about you? What is their that I don't know about you?"

"Well, I suppose you don't really know anything about me, but first you have to tell me why you like white." I whispered with a smile. Cole smiled back.

"I like white because its pure. Its also blank, ready for a fresh start. Ready for its story to be told."

"That's deep, dude." I said.

"Okay your turn." Cole said.

His eyes are so blue.  I thought to myself. Wait, what? Where did that come from

"Well, My name is Samantha Jackie White. I'm also 15. I like emerald green, and my mom recently died, and it was all over the news saying I had killed her. I might as well have." I said looking down at the ground. "I've recently killed quite a few people, and all I seem to be doing lately is sleeping." I said my voice breaking. I covered my face with my hands, to try and compose myself but it didn't work. Everything just seemed to be hitting me all at once and I started to cry quietly.

"Hey." Cole whispered gently, inching closer to me. He put his arms around me. "It's okay, It's not your fault." Cole said soothingly over and over again, until I stopped crying. I snuggled my face into his chest, I could feel his defined muscles under his shirt, and I could hear the beat of his heart.Cole stroked my hair, then gave me a quick kiss on my hairline that I barely noticed. I became more and more calm as he held me and eventually I drifted off.

***

In the morning I woke up alone. In fact everyone was gone which was starting to get annoying. I wrapped Franks sweater tighter around myself then headed outside and I looked at the others sitting by the creek, and I stared at Cole for a while. Then it hit me, I have seen him before. He was in a few of my classes, and he would wear his hood up, and scribble on the desk's. I could never break the feeling that he was watching me when I wasn't looking. Also he was new to the school, and had only been their for a couple months. I was about to go up and confront him about it, when Annabeth saw me and called me over.

"I made a few Iris calls last night." Annabeth started once I sat down. "My sources tell me that Chaos is building an army, he has a base place nearby and I think we should take it out." Annabeth said looking at me.

"Why does Chaos need an army?" Calypso asked.

"He's probably like anything else we have fought. He is a power hungry old god who wants to take over again." Percy said twirling his finger over the water. He was making tiny whirlpools in the creek.

"How would we take the base out? Their is only ten of us." I asked.

"Yeah, but we are ten of the awesome-est demigods." Leo said.

"I can make up an attack plan but I need to see what the place looks like, and all possible exits."

"Well, that sounds reasonable. Just take a few of us, scope out the place. Then come back and make a plan." Cole said.

"Oh, and Sam." Annabeth said. "No, earthquakes unless absolutely necessary."

"Yes, ma'am." I said jokingly.