Part 6

"Hey, wake up." A girls voice said waking me up. It was the middle of the night, and the room was pitch black.

"What? Who are you?" I groaned rubbing my eyes. My eyes started to adjust to the dark and I could faintly make out a girl with fizzy hair. She grabbed my hand and pulled my out of bed.

"My name is Hazel, I'm here to get you out of here." She whispered.

"Where exactly is here?" I asked.

"We are under the city, in camp Jupiter."

"Camp Jupiter?"

"The place for Roman demigods, now stop asking questions we have to go." Hazel whispered pulling my hand.

"But I can't see." I protested.

"Just hang on to me." Hazel said. The door creaked open, and I hung on to her hand while she led me out the door and down what I assumed was a hall. I heard dirt shifting and we started walking at a down slope. I stumbled a few times, but she kept pulling me along. I heard more dirt shift and it felt like something sealed up behind me. After what seemed like forever of her pulling me around in the dark, we started walking up a slope. The ground opened up above us and I could see the night sky. we walked up to the grass and I could see the hole in the ground seal.

Hazel let go of my hand, and with the light from the sky I could see that her hair was brown and she had a dark complexion. Frank came running up and gave Hazel a quick kiss.

"Where are the others?" Hazel asked.

"I don't know. They should be here by now." Frank said holding Hazels hand. I looked around, in the distance I could see the city, and the river where I had tried to destroy Camp Jupiter. We waited for ten minutes but they were still a no show.

"We have to go." Hazel said. "They are going to realize that she is gone soon."

"Maybe we can wait a little longer." I said quietly.

"They will meet up with us later if they can." Frank said, taking a couple of steps away from the city with Hazel by his side. I stood in my spot staring at the city. Suddenly in the distance I could see lights waving around and people shouting.

"Uh, Frank." I said. Frank stood next to me. "Is that Percy and the blonde guy-whats his face?"

"Percy and Jason. Yeah along with a bunch of people chasing them." In the distance I could hear Percy shouting.

"Run! Go!" He screamed. Frank grabbed my arm and we started running with Hazel ahead of us. We ran into a tunnel, then opened a security door, we were by an overpass in the middle of the highway. Frank dragged me along, and the three of us ran into the woods. We stopped after a couple minutes to catch our breathes.

"What did they do?" I panted.

"I'm not really sure, they just said they would cause a distraction." Frank answered.

"Well, I guess whatever they did wasn't nice." Hazel said. "You aren't wearing any shoes." I looked down at me feet, I didn't even notice until now.

"Huh? That explains why they hurt." I said. "Should we wait for them or keep going to where ever we are going?"

"Lets just walk. Hopefully they will catch up, but its dark. If not we will find them in the morning." Frank said.

"Yeah, okay." I said, we started walking slowly through the forest. I got slapped in the face by tree branches as we walked. Eventually my feet got cold and more sore. Their was little cuts all over my feet. I was getting more annoyed because my feet were getting wet. I heard branches cracking behind us. The three of us looked to see what it was and we saw a wave.

"Time to go." Frank said. He pulled my arm but I didn't move.

"Percy!" I shouted.

"Sam. Come on." Hazel said. Their was a scream in the distance, that made the hair on my arms stand.

"Percy!" I screamed louder. I took a few steps forward. Frank grabbed my arm.

"Sam, come on." Frank said pulling me towards him.

"No. We have to help them." I ripped my arm away from him. I started making the ground shake. Maybe it would be enough of a distraction for them to get them away. I fell to my knee's within seconds. I couldn't keep up the small quake. The shaking stopped and I was breathing heavily.

"Whoa, hey hey hey." Frank said helping me up. My head was pounding and the ground was spinning. "Come on, we have to go." Frank said wrapping my arm around his neck, when got the other arm and put it around her. We stumbled along, I heard shouting in the distance but nothing made sense to me. Frank let go of me, and he started talking to Hazel. Suddenly he turned into a horse. Probably some sort of hallucination. Hazel pushed me on top of the horse and climbed up behind me. The horse galloped for I don't know how long until it stopped, Hazel helped me off and put me on the ground. The horse disappeared and Frank came up and gave Hazel a kiss on the cheek.

"What?" I mumbled. "Horse?" Frank took of his hoodie and covered me up. I closed my eyes. I rested my head on my arm. I was sore and tired, but at least this time I didn't kill anyone. Finally I fell asleep.

Eventually I was shaken awake.

"Hey, Sam." I opened my eyes. It was Jason. My head still hurt.

"What is it?" I groaned.

"We need you to talk to Percy." Jason said quietly.

"Why?" I said rubbing my eyes, and propping myself up on one of my elbows.

"He's in shock I think." Jason said. "Will you just talk to him?"

"Why his he in shock?"

"He accidentally killed a few people."