Grandpa Allen: Back in a Flash

Start from the beginning

"One time, Derek tried to convince us that Tupac wasn't dead," remembered Parker.

"How did that work out?" asked Iris.

"About as well as your hologram will," sassed Harry when he entered, "It's not going to last."

Cisco slouched, muttering a tired, "There it is." 

"It's not going to be long before someone figures out, 'Oh, wait, you never say anything. You never touch anything. Oh, wait, you never go indoors,'" mocked Harry.

"Without Barry's speed, this is as good an idea as any," defended Iris.

"Actually, I beg to differ. I think a better idea, instead of playing, 'Hoodlums and Holograms,' would be rebuilding the Particle Accelerator to get Barry's speed back."

"Yeah, Wells, that's what you keep saying," said Barry.

"That's right."

"Look at what that explosion did to this city," he continued hopelessly.

"Not to mention, last time we tried something like that, we blew a hole in the universe, and created, like, fifty portals to your earth," reminded Cisco.

"Which is exactly how Zoom and his henchman got here in the first place," added Iris.

"I told you: I know how to contain the explosion," insisted Harry. 

"Really?" asked Barry skeptically, "You know how to contain a dark matter explosion that, last time, radiated all of Central City? You tried this on your Earth, remember? Didn't go so well."

"And, even if you could contain it, I thought you said Barry couldn't tap into the Speed Force anymore," said Iris.

"He wasn't in touch with it when he first got his powers," argued Parker. She ran her fingers through his hair. "But, then again, you were in a coma for nine months after that."

Harry stopped pacing to make his point better known, to appear as entirely serious as he aimed to be. "Look, I have your Wells' data, the Harrison Wells from this Earth, I have his science. I know what chemicals need to be in your body. I know how the lightning needs to bond with the dark matter from the particle accelerator explosion. I can recreate the circumstances to get you your speed back. This will work. Your subterfuge is not going to last. But, more importantly, it's not gonna save Snow. It's not going to bring your Caitlin back. You want to be ready should Zoom return, if Zoom returns, when Zoom returns, there is only one way to do it, and that's by getting your speed back."

Barry stood and cleared his throat. "I need to go."

"Where?" seethed Harry, disturbed by the reaction he received. 

"I'm going to see my dad," muttered Barry. He kissed Parker softly, then took the keys from the computer desk, and was gone.

Harry left soon after. 

"What do you think he should do?" asked Iris.

"It's not my decision," said Parker.

"We all know he's going to do whatever he believes is right," said Cisco.

"Which is?"

"He's getting his goddamn speed back," predicted Parker. 

Harry returned then. Silently, with no actions other than a tilt of his head, he moved his daughter, Iris, Parker, and Cisco into the conjoined lab. On one of the computer screens, he showed to them a model of the device he wanted to build in order for Barry to regain his speed.