Chapter 8 - Rankings

Rosanna's PoV;
I wake up and look around.No one is awake so I get up and head to the bathroom.I have a shower and put on some fresh clothes.I am so tired but I had to wake up if I wanted a shower.And I did.I brush my hair and braid the partially wet hair into a side braid.Ok so here's my outfit for the day.A black sleeveless top that says army,ripped skinny jeans and a black jacket with white detail.I lace up my combat boots and I'm ready to go

I lace up my combat boots and I'm ready to go

I walk down to the hall and grab two muffins.I make my way to the infirmary where I see Uriah getting his stuff together.I hug him and give him one of the muffins
"Thanks sis"
"Well you kinda deserve it after......you know" I say scratching my neck.
"Don't worry about that,I was gonna do it to you so...yeah."Uriah says.
"Oh yeah we have the day off the rankings are going up tonight and there is a party all initiates have to attend."I say.
Uriah groans "Mars taking us shopping isn't she?"
I just laugh and nod "yup in ten" I say popping the 'p'
We eat our muffins on the way to the pit,where we are meeting mar,Lynn,tris,four and Shauna.We arrive and Uriah is greeted with hugs.Four and Uriah go off into the boys shops and we go to a small boutique called 'don't mess with the dress.' I look around until I find the perfect dress.
It is black with a gold belt around the waist.the back is held up by two Lacey straps.

the back is held up by two Lacey straps

I get it in my size and try it on.I love it.It fits all my curves perfectly.I show the others and mar almost starts to cry.They love it too so I get it.I also pick out a black clutch and black heels.

I also pick out a black clutch and black heels

I pay my points and check the time

I pay my points and check the time.Its only 12:00.The rankings aren't until 6:00 and the party starts at 7:00.The others go for lunch but I'm not hungry and we agreed to meet at 5:00 for dinner.I don't know what I want to do so I just wander around dauntless.I come across the tattoo parlour and decide to stop in to say hi to Tori.On my way in I bang into Eric and he says "You just don't stop Pedrad" to which I answer "shut up" he laughs and asks "hey are you getting a tattoo?" I think for a second and decide it wouldn't be a bad idea."yeah,are you?" "I am indeed" So we both go up to the tattoo counter and I see Tori "hey sweet cheeks!"that's what she calls me "what can I do for you?" "I was looking for a tattoo if that's ok?"I reply "yeah of course,anything in particular?" I look back at Eric and he shrugs his shoulders and says "your body" I look back at Tori and say "I would like a song lyric on my rib cage please."Tori and Eric are dumbfound "your rib age is the worst pain out of them all"Tori says and I say "let's do it" I go over and sit in the chair and bud helps Eric.Tori co Es over and asks "what would you like it to say?"
I don't even need to think about that. "we're in this together,hear our hearts beat together,we stand strong together,we're in this forever.leave a space and then ,this ones for you" Tori writes this down and then gets to work on my tattoo.About two hours later I am done and I stand up.It wasn't that painful and even if it gets painful tonight,one word 'alcohol'
I go to pay my points and find out that Eric paid them already.I say goodbye to Tori and check the time.its still only 3:00 so I decide to walk down to the chasm and sit by the edge.Just to relax.As I walk down there I see a figure sitting down already.Not to many people know about this place and everyone is at lunch so I know that it can only be one person.I walk up and sit bedside Eric and say "thank you" "you need to save your points since you have no job yet"he says back.
"What did you get?"I ask Eric
He doesn't say anything just takes his shirt off and turns around.It reveals a beautiful tribal Aztec design on the right side of his back.

It reveals a beautiful tribal Aztec design on the right side of his back

I reach out and run my finger along it.It is truly magnificent.I am lost for words "Eric....it's amazing" Is all I manage to say.
"So show me yours" he says while putting his shirt back on.
I lift my top to the point where you can see my bra but I don't really care.Eric reads the lyrics while running his finger along each word.I don't feel uncomfortable.Its crazy that I won't even let my friends touch my arm and I'm letting Somone I met two days ago roam around under my shirt.
"We're in this together,
Here our hearts beat together,
We stand strong together,
We're in this forever.

This ones for you" Eric says aloud
"What does it represent?" He asks curiously
"Well the first line represents my friends and I,
The second line represents my mother,brothers and I,the 3rd line represents this faction and so does the fourth"I explain
"What does the 5th represent?"Eric asks
"My dad." I say blandly.I feel a tears run down my face and it splashes onto the rocks.Eric just pulls me into a hug.We stay silent for a while,him with his arms around my neck and me with my arms around his waist.We fit perfectly together.We eventually break apart and I check the time.Its 4:30 so I explain to Eric. "I have to go I'm meeting my friends at 5:00 so I have to go.Ill see you at the party."
"Ok.goodluck with the rankings"he says "bye Eric" "bye ro" he replies and I walk off to the hall.
The guys are sitting at the table and Uriah got my food.We all sit down and make small talk but no one is really up for talking right now.The rankings go up in less than an hour and we are all sick to our stomachs.Uriah breaks the silence and says "where'd you go anyway ro?" "Oh I got a tatt and just chilled"I say back.no one gets time to ask to see it because Max goes up onto the stage and says into a microphone "hello.The rankings will go up now so we don't have to keep you waiting.Initiates stand."we stand up and I see Eric on the stage beside Eric.He is wearing his leaders vest and black jeans.I smile at him and he smiles back."here are your rankings" max continues,pointing to the bord.
I look at the bord and it reads

1-Rosana
2-Marlene
3-josh
4-Lynn
5-Uriah
6-Matt
7-Mary-Anne
___________________
8-Derrick
9-jake
10-gale

"Anyone under the line pack your stuff." Eric says
I am in shock 1st place? Oh my god.
Everyone hugs me and congratulates me.
"First ranking initiate gets free alcohol all night for her and 3 friends"max says and Uriah,mar,Lynn and I high five each other.
We go to the dorm and start to get ready for the best night I've had in a long time.