Chapter 0.1: Welcome To Cambridge Academy

Start from the beginning

His smirk dropped instantly. “No! I didn’t mean it like that!” he exclaimed. “You two are obviously twins so you have similar characteristics, that’s all,” He tried to save himself.

He was lucky the taxi had stopped at the port, if not I would have bombed him with questions. He immediately got out the taxi embarrassed by his mistake. I grabbed my bag and got out the taxi. While Aaron and driver pulled out my bags, I was taking out my wallet.

Once the taxi driver closed his trunk he looks at Aaron and tells him the fee. I quickly sprint towards them handing the man forty dollars.

“Here, keep the change,” I said, winning a glare from Aaron.

The taxi driver reached out for the money but Aaron took it away from me. “I’m paying for the fee,” He stated.  He hands the taxi driver a fifty, and lets him keep the change.  The taxi driver thanks him and get back into his car.

I stood there glaring at him. “Is my money not valuable?” I scoffed.

“Oh calm down, how would I look like letting you pay? Plus, I was the one who offered for you to ride with me,” He says grabbing one of my suitcases and rolling it onto the pier.

Aaron was a special guy.

I followed behind him, not saying another word. My stomach turned into a knot again as we approached closer to the giant white cruises. This was it. I was given the opportunity to start fresh, and I needed to take advantage of that. Cambridge was going to be my new chapter; scary-cat Zariah wasn’t going to be a part of this chapter any longer.

The rest of this year was going to be an unforgettable one. I was planning on making up for all the three years I lost stuck in my room crying.  We stepped on the ramp and walked inside the cruise.

I imagined the place to be hectic and loud with new students, but the hall was quiet. A few new students were waiting in line to sign in, while other students were peeking to see the fresh meat come in.

One thing I notice was, the moment Aaron walked inside, and all eyes were glued on him. He acted normally though, shrugging off the stares as if he was used to them already. He stops behind this blonde chick, and looks over at me.

“Once you’re sign in, they’ll tell you where you need to go,” he explained setting aside my luggage.

Suddenly I felt like a small child being left in pre-k the first day of school. I had no clue what I needed to do, or where they were going to send me. Zac had promised he would be waiting for me by the entrance, but I didn’t even believe since he can’t make it on time to anything.

Aaron had been kind to me up to this point and if he could be kind enough to stick with me, until I knew what I needed to do, then I would feel much better. Thinking he was going to leave, he didn’t. He actually stood aside with my luggage, reclining on the wall, waiting for my turn.

A few minutes later it was my turn. The skinny lady smiled cheerfully at me.