Chapter 0.1: Welcome To Cambridge Academy

Start from the beginning

The taxi ride was quiet. Aaron was staring out of his side mirror, and I was doing the same. Tampa was a pretty nice place. It was different than Texas, but I could see myself living her after college.

“Hey, we never finished our game.” Aaron said suddenly.

A small smirk plastered on my lips. “Right, who’s turn was it?”

“Yours,” He said quickly.

I twisted my mouth to the side. Since Aaron and I were going to be in the same school, I should learn a bit more about him. I wondered what was his reputation on Cambridge. He clearly was a returning student, although I’m confused why he isn’t at school.

Cambridge worked a bit different then normal high schools. They went by quarters then semesters. The first quarter had just finished and after thanksgiving was the second quarter.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at school?” I said deciding to ask him the question.

He shrugged. “Between the week of vacation we got I left to go spend the holidays with my dad,” He sounded a bit unpleased.

I’m guessing his parents were divorce by the sour expression on his face. I bet his holidays weren’t as pleasing as he wished they were. He recovered from the unpleasant thoughts smiling.

“What made you want to transfer to Cambridge?”

There were many reasons why I wanted to leave the hell-hole of the high school I was in. First one being, without Zac there protecting me, the girls would pick on me. They would bother me by pushing me in the hallways, and sometimes dumping their food on me. I was pathetic. While Zac was there the bullying was at ease, since he was dating one of the cheerleaders, but once he left I was their only target.

I never told my parents what was happening. My mom would have wanted to sue the school and I really wasn’t up for the attention of that. So I applied for Cambridge for the second-quarter and I got accepted.

“My twin brother goes there,” I simply said, not wanting to tell him about my past experience in high school.

“Let me guess, your twin brother is Zac,” he said with a bit of amusement in his voice.

I nodded. ”Yeah, how did you know?”

He clapped his hands together chuckling. “Oh you know he’s a male version of you. When I first saw you on the airplane I knew you reminded me of someone!”

Aaron had just told me Zac was a male version of me. I didn’t know how I wanted to take that. Zac was my twin brother, but I wondered if he was referring to I looked like a male but the only difference is I had boobs.

“Are you saying I look like a guy just with boobs?” I said defensively.