Chapter One

Ariana's POV

          I quickly secured my long blonde hair into a messy bun and brushed on some smoky eye shadow. One last look into my grey eyes in the mirror and I decided that I was finished. I really don’t need to wear makeup but I liked the way the dark eye shadow brought out my eyes. I tossed my handbag over my shoulder and headed down the stairs making my way to the front door.

“Where do you think you are going?” My sisters annoying voice asked from around the corner as I got to the bottom of the stairs.

“None of your business!” I replied without stopping to even look in her direction.

          As far as my sister and I go we have absolutely nothing in common other than our looks. Just because she is nineteen and two years older than me she thinks that she is an adult and can control everything I do. Truth be told I am a lot more mature than she will ever be and no matter how hard she tries I will never listen to anything she says. I was so happy when she graduated last year and I didn’t have to deal with her in school anymore, although she did leave a lasting impression on everyone there that I just can’t seem to escape. She was known as the school slut, no wonder with the way she would sleep with any guy that showed her any attention. I on the other hand am still a virgin and plan to stay that way until I find my mate.

“You’re grounded you can’t go anywhere!” She spat back at me when she realized that I wasn’t going to stop and talk to her.

“Who’s going to stop me?” I asked stopping to turn around and face her.

          She stood there with her hands on her hips and a smug look on her face, I could tell she just couldn’t wait to rat me out to our parents. I gave up caring what my parents thought a long time ago; even though I was actually the good child in the family I never got treated like it. Terra was constantly flunking classes and getting caught sleeping with different men, while I was a straight A student and never got in trouble; you would think that I would be the family favorite but it didn’t turn out that way.

          All through middle school I was constantly fighting for my parents’ attention but everything was always about Terra; it was like the more things that she did wrong the more attention she would get from them. I gave up at the end of my sophomore year and decided to just do what I wanted seeing that they didn’t seem to care about me anyway. I would be turning eighteen in less than four months and couldn’t wait for that day so that I could just move on and never speak to my family again.

          I’m sure that you can guess by now that I have turned into a slight troublemaker over the last few years. Its not that I really did anything that bad; really all I did was drink and smoke some weed, you know normal teenage things. I didn’t care what my parents thought of me anymore and I didn’t follow by their rules. Why would I? When I did follow by their rules all I ever heard about was Terra this and Terra that; if you were the good kid and your bad sister got all the attention don’t you think that you would lash out too?

“Dad!” Terra screamed at the top of her lungs causing me to cover my ears as I bolted towards the door. Was that really necessary? We are werewolves; we have excellent hearing there was no reason for her to do that other than to annoy me.

“Ana is sneaking out!” She continued to scream as I ran out the door and down the street as fast as I could. I knew that they wouldn’t chase me but if my father would have caught me before I made it out of the yard I would have been literally locked in my room for the rest of the weekend.

          Once I was a few blocks away I slowed down to a walk and pulled my cell phone out of my back pocket. I sent a quick text to my best friend Ali to let her know that I would be at the party in about five minutes. As soon as the message was sent my phone started vibrating with a picture of my father flashing on the screen; quickly hitting ignore I slid the phone back into my pocket and continued on my way to Braxton’s house to meet up with my friends.