Chapter 10

Just a quick suggestion! Read the authors note at the end first before reading! Enjoy xx

-----------

*Josh's POV*

'C'mon Josh we'll be late to Hayley's if you don't hurry the fuck up!' Said Brendon growing more impatient by the second
'Okay, calm yourself down, we will be the first ones there. The party doesn't start until 8:30pm and it's 7pm right now', I replied, while searching for a clean shirt to wear.
'Just hurry up', he said as he pulled out his phone and scrolled through his feed.

----

'JOSH, BRENDON YOURE HERE!' Said a very drunk Hayley as she clumsily made her way to the door to engulf us in a hug.
'Yeah and you're shitfaced' said Brendon, 'I want in', he said with a big grin as the rest of the people cheered handing him countless bottles and cans.

'Here Josh, take this, relax a bit.' Said Melanie as she threw the can at me, I wasn't even sure what it was, but I downed it in a matter of seconds out of pure nerves.
'So' she said, 'How are you?'
'Yeah, I'm fine' I replied, my hands shaking from downing the drink too fast.
'Tonight's going to be so much fun', she sang, as she wrapped her arms around me.
'I hope so, I really do', I replied before I was pulled up to dance by Troye and Gerard.

---

'Troye, you're my best friend, you know that right' I said, my arms wrapped around him, my weak attempt at hugging him
'I love you too Josh' giggled Troye, as he filled his cup with something.
'I'm going to find more people to like, show how much I love them, you know?' I said, whilst walking away from the sound of Troye laughing, trying my hardest to walk straight.

Then I was wet. I looked down and I was literally wearing my drink. I raised my head whilst laughing to see a flustered Tyler.
'Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry'

Why was he apologising? It wasn't that big of a deal? It was just a drink.

'I'm really sorry', he said, 'Here let me see if I can get it out' . As he tried his best to remove the stain with the sleeve of his shirt he suddenly went a deep shade of pink, which developed into a deep crimson as the moments passed.

'Y-Yeah that sh-should be good. I promise t-that I'll pay for you to get it cleaned.', he said, pulling away with each word.

Why was he walking away? I wanted to keep talking?

I grabbed him by the wrist to pull him back and for some reason that I can't even begin to explain, I raised his chin with my fingertips.
I wanted to look into his eyes when I spoke.
But I felt something weird, it was this fiery sensation in my stomach. All I wanted in that moment was to bring him closer to me.
But I couldn't because Brendon's voice boomed
'GUYS TRUTH OR DARE! EVERYONE IN THE SITTING ROOM NOW!'

---

The dares were predicable, the odd lap dance, the occasional kiss, a few weird eating contests, nothing new.

Then a distant, 'I dare you to kiss Gerard' caught my attention.

I looked around to see Tyler shaking in his seat. The fire sensation within my stomach grew, but not in the way I wanted it to.
It was burning , like acid.
Not the warm, glowing feeling I had earlier.

Within seconds of Melanie daring Tyler, Gerard was running, straight out the door, his hands covering his mouth.

'Either he's had to much to drink, or he really doesn't want to kiss you', said Brendon in between laughs.
After a few moments of laughter, Brendon continued to speak.

'Who shall we choose... Eennie-meenie-miney-moe' he said, as he pointed his finger along those who had gathered around for the game.
Eventually his finger landed on me.
'Ah Josh', he said.

'Tyler' he said,

'I dare you to kiss Josh.'

----

I could tell by his demeanour that Tyler was petrified.
He always seemed nervous, but I could tell in that moment he was scared.
I tried my best to smile, almost to reassure him. I didn't want him to be scared. I was excited. I was ready.

I leaned in to the circle, eager now for him to lean in too. The fiery feeling was growing stronger in my stomach and I couldn't help it.
I wanted to pull him close and I had no idea what was coming over me in that moment.
Eventually when he was close enough I leaned in, as gently as I could, pressing my lips to his. The fire in my gut burned as I placed my hand behind his neck pulling him closer to me.

I knew nothing about this boy, but right there and then I wanted him.
I wanted the crowd to go away, to just leave him and I alone.
I wanted more.

I slowly slipped my tongue onto the edge of his lips, feeling him shiver under my touch. I couldn't help but smile.

He was enjoying it as much as I was.

'ALRIGHT GET A ROOM GUYS!' Shouted Alex in between laughs.

There's an idea, I thought.

Within seconds of Alex speaking Tyler had pulled away his face flushing that same crimson colour as earlier.
I had the biggest grin plastered to my face and then realised where I was, and what I had just done, and I too flushed that same crimson colour, but I was still smiling.

This was a weird feeling. A burning feeling. A yearning feeling. I wanted to be back in that moment, even though it was only seconds ago.

I wanted more.
I wanted him.

-----

Hey guys! I hope you liked this idea of having two different viewpoints.

There's a particular song I listened to throughout whilst writing this, it's called
Only by RY X.
If you want, I'd suggest listening to it whilst reading the chapter. Only if you want to though.
Hope you're enjoying the story xx