Chapter 21: Matter of Hours

Hey!

One of my classes got cancelled today so I whipped out a chapter for you. It is extremely short, but in the glass-half-full outlook it is better than nothing =)

Enjoy!

*****************************************************************

“Strange as it may seem, I still hope for the best, even though the best, like an interesting piece of mail, so rarely arrives, and even when it does it can be lost so easily.” 
― Lemony Snicket, The Beatrice Letters

Although sending Cho off to a mini-vacation was a decision that Hermione firmly stood by, not regretting it for a second, not even when Parvati decided to harp on about it for hours on end, she had to admit that it did increase her work load considerably. Not only was she having to do twice as much paperwork, but also attend social events, something she always tried her best to avoid.

                Alas this time she could not. Thus it was with great reluctance that she packed for her trip to Glasgow for her two day conference.

                After going through her checklist to make sure she had taken everything, calling her mother to make sure Crookshanks had enough food and his favorite toy, and double checking her checklist, she stepped out of her apartment. Locking the door, she took a deep breath and, with a firm grasp on her luggage, turned on the spot.

                In a few moments, she appeared with a small pop on a side street. Upon hailing a taxi, she settled into its frayed leather seats and became lost in her thoughts, worrying about Cho. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice that she had reached her destination. It was only after the taxi driver cleared his throat a couple of times and announced, “Miss, we’re ‘ere,” did she finally snap out of her thoughts. Apologizing to the taxi driver, she gathered her luggage, paid the driver and stepped out in front of what was supposed to be her home for the next two days.

                As she made her way towards the majestic hotel’s intricately detailed front doors, little did she know that in the matter of hours her life would change irrevocably.

********************************************************

I hope you guys enjoyed that. I really don't have much time to write now a days, so I really don't know when I'll be able to post the next chapter. So just hope that more of my classes get cancelled so that I can have more free time to write for you wonderful people =)

So until next time drink  tons of coffee and watch How I Met Your Mother (its the last season =(...)

Amazingness xx