Chapter 19: A Surprising Engagement

Hello lovelies!

I'm back. I'm sorry I have been gone for so long. I have said that I have a good reason behind my disappearance, and I truly do. Doctor Who.

I ran out of shows to watch on netflix and thought I'd give it a try. Little did I know that I would become so utterly addicted to it. The past few weeks were a cycle of sleeping, eating, and watching doctor who.

It is undoubtedly one of the best shows ever. You lot should totally watch it. Just a word of caution, do not get addicted to any characters. If you do, the odds are they will die. It's like Deathly Hallows all over again. It will break you heart in ways you didn't even know was possible. (Cried so much during the Doomsday episode.)

And then there are numerous characters from HP in it, like Narcissa Malfoy, Mr. Filch, Mr. Weasley, Dumbledore. And others like Inspector Lestrade from Sherlock and Andrew Garfield.

And did I mention DAVID TENNANT is in it?!

Okay, I'll stop fangirl-ing now, and let you read the story.

Sorry about that.

Enjoy!

********************************************************************

“Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often.” 
― Mae West

               On Monday, Hermione went to work with much apprehension. She had spent the entire weekend wondering exactly how awkward work would be from now and on, given the outcome of her disastrous date with Cormac, and the scenarios she had come up with were far less than desirable. Thus she apparated to work expecting the worst.

                Despite the numerous scenarios she had considered, nothing had prepared her for the sight that met her when she entered the Department of Law Enforcement.

                An entire corner of the room, Parvati’s cubicle to be specific, was decked in neon pink and surrounded by a gaggle of squealing girls.

                “Oh, my eyes,” Hermione muttered, blinking rapidly to stop her eyes from watering.

                “Hermione!” Parvati screeched, as she spotted the brunette.

                “Parvati, what is going on? Why are all these people crowded around your desk? Speaking of which, why is your desk so pink?”

                “They are all helping me with the announcements, silly!” Parvati answered with a giggle, holding up a neon pink sheet of paper. "I can't write all the announcements by myself now, can I?"

                “What?” Hermione asked blankly.

                “Ooh! Haven’t you heard? I suppose you haven’t gotten your owl yet. I don't really know how long it takes these owls to deliver. I guess I can just tell you. Guess what? I’m engaged!” Parvati squealed, waving her hand in Hermione’s face.

                “Engaged?” Hermione asked blankly once again, finding it hard to believe. “As in engaged to be married?”

                “What other kind of engaged is there?” Parvati asked rolling her eyes, before waving her hand once again. “Isn’t it gorgeous?”

                “Yes, the ring is beautiful,” Hermione replied with a smile. “So who’s the lucky bloke?”

                “Cormac,” Parvati answered dreamily.

                “McLaggen?” Hermione sputtered, utterly bewildered.

                “Yes. The one and only,” Parvati replied with a dreamy look. “My one and only.”

                “Congratulations,” Hermione said with a smile before adding, “but can you please not do this at work? We are already behind schedule.”

            “I suppose so,” Parvati grudgingly answered.

            “Thanks,” Hermione repiled, before announcing, “Everyone, please get back to work. We are already lagging behind schedule, we can't afford to fall behind even more.”

                With that Hermione decided to head off to her office, hoping to avoid Cormac. Before she could take more than four steps towards her safe haven, she found her way blocked by a tall figure.

                “Hello Hermione,” Harper greeted with a smile.

                “Hi Harper,” Hermione replied, reciprocating the smile.

                “So, you heard about the engagement. Crazy, eh? Anyways, I was wondering if you--,”

                Although Hermione was quite interested in what Harper was saying, her eyes happened to fall on the room him. A room which belonged to Cho Chang. A room in which Cho was sitting with red rimmed eyes and a heartbroken look on her face.

                “Excuse me, Harper. Can I get back to you on that? I really have to talk to Cho for a minute,” Hermione interrupted, brushing past Harper with an apologetic smile.

                “Sure, I suppose,” Harper replied with some disappointment. Something Hermione was far too distracted to notice.

 **************************************************

So. Yeah. That was a bit short. Sorry about that. Summer just makes me extra lazy.

I still have season 7 of Doctor Who left. So I can't really make any promises about the next chapter. I'll try to get it up asap.

Until next time, eat tons of ice cream, watch Doctor Who, and ALLONS-Y!

Amazingness xx