Part 4

I feel kind of bad because I've made Luke out to be kind of an ass in this story. But someone has to be the cynic, right? Just sayin' I love Luke, I didn't mean to make him a dick, it just kind of happened. Oops.

---

"Calum, will you hand me the chicken?" You asked, tapping his thigh with your foot. You were currently taking up almost the entire couch while he sat at the other end, your toes barely brushing his thigh. It was a night in, spent with Chinese takeout and Game of Thrones.

You sat up as he held out the white container, taking it from him and stabbing at it with a fork. "I wanna kill half these characters," You continued before shoving the chicken into your mouth.

"Join the club," Calum scoffed. There was silence again as you continued watching the episode, eyes glued to the screen in front of you.

You'd been living with Calum for a month and a half, your lives piecing together like a puzzle and meshing so naturally it barely felt like there was a difference other than the fact that you were spending every day with the love of your life. Your lives were simple, wake up, go to work, come home, occasional date nights or clubbing with friends thrown in. You and Emily had also kept up a streak of you staying at her new apartment once a week. She even stayed with you once while Calum went to work with the band overnight. After so long, it finally felt like your life was going right, you thought as you averted your attention from the TV to Calum, his eyes still focused on the show.

The episode ended and you checked the time. "Cal, it's almost 2 AM. We need to go to bed." You said, sighing and throwing your legs to the side so your feet were now resting on the floor instead of the couch.

"Neither of us work tomorrow, babe." Calum whined. "We can just sleep in."

"Which is why I didn't say we should go to bed two hours ago." You hummed, taking all of the food scattered on the coffee table and putting it in the fridge. "Come on, Calum, I can tell you're tired. Your eyes are all red and they're doing that cute squinty thing they do when you're sleepy."

You were just coaxing Calum off the couch with the promise of cuddling, a few murmurs of "C'mon, Cal, I'm tired," and those big eyes he could never resist when his phone started buzzing from the nightstand.

"Oh my god, who is texting me right now? Who is even up at 2 AM?" He asked, reaching for his phone.

"We are, dumbass." You sighed, plopping back on the couch in defeat. You lifted your feet up, drawing your knees into your chest as you leaned on Calum. He slung his spare arm around you as he scrolled through all of his notifications, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "What's up?"

"It's Luke. And Michael. And Ashton. In the band group chat." Calum said. You let out a frustrated grunt, throwing your head back onto the couch cushion.

"Come on, Cal, their idiocy and antics can wait until morning, can't they? I'm tired and don't wanna go to sleep without you." You whined, just wanting to curl up next to him and go to sleep.

"No, babe, this must be huge- they'd usually never all three be up at 2 AM."

"Well, what are they saying then?"

"Luke keeps saying to turn on the news, something huge is breaking right now." Calum continued, half paying attention to you and half paying attention to the phone.

"So? Remember that time he made you all watch a video about lions at, like, 3 AM during one of your 'banding' sessions?"

'That's fair. I don't know, the other two are freaking out..."