Seven: Superman

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." - Rumi

The room behind me errupts into laughter as I dash down the dark hallway to my only escape. As I crash into the sickly sweet smelling ladie's room, I fall to my knees in front of the sink. There's nothing more I can do to hold in the tears fighting at the brims of my eyes. They finally break the surface and cascade down my cheeks. My dry, acne covered, ugly cheeks.

Thoughts like these begin to float in my mind, only making the pain in my chest worse as I wretch out my sorrow in body convulsing sobs. There are no words to explain the shame I feel right now, it can't be explained.

It was a combination of Jason's face when he looked at me. The judgemental eyes of my other peers. The hateful sneer in Annabelle's voice as she insulted me. The thought that I just wasn't worthy to be here, to be alive.

Another round of cries escapes me mouth and eyes, then finally I feel the bile begin to rise up my sore throat. I climb to the sink then, and hang my head over the side of it. Trying to hold my own hair back, which isn't so easy while my body begins convulsing, but nothing comes up. God, I can't even throw up right.

As I begin hacking and gagging it takes me a moment to realize that something else is holding my hair back. Not questioning it I brace my arms on the side of the sink before me and let loose the control. In the end nothing comes up though, and I just give up. My muscles that had been supporting me up with my arms finally give and I collapse onto the sink before me. Whoever who'd been holding my hair, I'm assuming Bernice, lets go and steps away.

Turning on the faucet, I begin cleaning out my mouth since it's collected a taste from all the gagging. My breathing is hopeless as I try to collect the energy to stand. It's a wasted effort though and I just settle on raising my head to look in the mirror to see how terrible I probably look. Though, when I raise my head my breath catches in my throat.

It's Mr. Beautiful.

He gazes back at me with eyes I can't read. Not knowing what else to say, I clear my throat and say in a raspy tone, "Thank-you."

He looks at me a moment longer, I'm guessing trying to figure out what's so wrong. I mean he saw what happened in the dining hall but to an onlooker that was nothing much. A simple embarrassment to some teen girl who goofed up. But to me, it was so much more.

"Don't mention it," he says sounding slightly uncomfortable.

I assume he'll leave then, and so I hang my head again. Soon I realize though that he's still standing, or sort of hovering, behind me. This time I turn around, falling on my knees and look up at him. My energy is drained from all the crying, but sure enough some more tears start falling down my cheeks. How have I not run dry yet!? What the hell.

He crouches down to my level then and keeps looking at me with those unreadable eyes. My hair is now falling my eyes but I don't have the heart to brush them away to clear my vision. I'm not even wiping the tears away. Miraculously though, I feel the hair being brushed from my eyes and I see it's him, he's reached out and wiped them away. His hand lingers on my face softly and wipes away some stray tears before pulling back his hand.

"This might sound wrong, but you know you're really pretty when you cry?" he says.

Oh God.

Smiling, since it just can't be helped, I look away trying not to blush my face off. The tears start drying up as the knot in my stomach is losened and then replaced with a much warmer and welcomed feeling.

"Would it be better if I said you're even prettier when you smile?" he says then, with a perfect smile of his own.

I'm not sure what to say then, so I just say nothing. My mind finally begins to register his comments seriously and all his words of tonight mull around in my mind. It's all just so surreal to think he'd even make the effort. Sure it might mean nothing to him, but it sadly means the world to me right now. Pathetic, right?

He stands then and makes a move for the door. No he can't leave yet! I don't know his name!

"Wait!" I call out sounding desperate, but trying hard not to.

His hand freezes on the doorknob just as he's about to turn it, and his head turns to face me. His smile is gone and replaced by a more caring but serious face.

"Yeah?" he says.

"Wh-what's your name?" I ask, surprising myself with my confidence. I have to know though, he can't just leave me with only a memory of our conversations. I need a name to match with the face.

"Caleb." he says lightly and turns to leave again.

I feel a tugging at my heart and throat, urging me to speak. It's not enough, it's not. Letting my heart speak for me, I call out, "I'm Elena!", and the words come out just as the door closes.

Caleb. Caleb. Caleb. I can never forget.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

(: Okay so I hope you enjoyed that! So the real story will be starting soon! I really can't wait to get this ball rolling, it's going to be one hell of a ride for sure! Um, so I know this is Romantic Comedy, but these past two chapters we a little serious so I kept out the comedy part. Hope you all understand.

So what are you thinking about Caleb right now? Or Elena? Missing Carl yet? Never fear, the story is taking flight!

PLEASE comment and vote, thank you all for your support it's amazing! (:

Love, Lily