20.

Brandon's P.O.V.

Christmas 2015.

The smile on my face seem almost permanent as I watch my family gather around to unveiled the presents we all brought for each other.

"B no you didn't." Brittney shrieked as she pulled out the Kay's gold necklace with the matching set of earrings.

"Oh yes I did." I laughed as she came over to give me a hug and little pecks on my cheek to show her gratitude. My mom and dad looked on somewhat amused at the both of us.

"Thank you little brother." Britt raced to a nearby mirror to try the jewelry on. "These will definitely go good with my dress I'm wearing tonight."

I shook my head at my sister. "Okay now where's my gift?"

Britt went under the tree to throw me a huge gifted wrapped box.  I smirk as I started to work on unwrapping the present. The doorbell then rung.

"That must be Daniel and his family, I'll go get it." Pops said before getting up to go answer the door.

My face lit up with excitement realizing Kai's family was here. Although I just seen Kai not even 4 hours, I missed her terribly.  The fact that she hasn't been responding to any my text didn't help anything either.

"Merry Christmas everybody." Dee, Kai's dad said as he walked in the living room holding Kai's baby brother with Jia standing beside him. Everyone smiled and wish them all a Merry Christmas also.

"Where's Kai?" I asked noticing she had yet to appear.

Jia greeted my mom before turning to me. "Oh she's home. She said she wasn't feeling well, so we left her at home."

"Could you blame her ?" My mother said to Jia. "With these freezing Kinston temperatures, and all this snow on the ground. I wouldn't be surprise if I turned up sick tomorrow too. "

Something wasn't right. Kai seen perfectly fine when I left this morning. A little distant, yes, but fine. I hurried to slip on a pair of Jordan's and a hoodie.

"I'm going to go see about her." I told everyone  already half way out the door before i could hear anyone's protests.
. .

Kai's P.O.V.

"Merry Christmas,Kai !" Ben shouted from the other side of the video call.

Even though it was Christmas, I won't quite in that spirit. Words couldn't describe how awful I felt about what happened last night. I knew I had to tell Ben sooner or later, but the thought of us breaking up almost made me wish none of it happened.

"Merry Christmas Ben." I told him not as ecstatic as he was a few moments ago.

Ben gave me a weird look. "You okay Kai ? You don't seem to happy about it being Christmas."

I broke eye contact with Ben to stare down at my freshly polished cubicles. Should I tell him now ?

"Did something happened?" Ben ask his voice filled with concerned. I nodded. "Tell me maybe I can help you with it. "

That was Ben, always looking to help. Little did he know, he couldn't help me with this. Not this time.I exhaled before looking back up to make eye contact with a clueless Ben.

"Last night Brandon was over, and we got to talking. Then we sorta kissed." I said feeling awful as soon as the words left my mouth.

I watched as Ben's eyebrows furrowed together as he drop his head. I could easily tell he was hurt making me feel even more awful.