18.

Brandon's P.O.V.

Champions Classic
Chicago,Illinois

The Chicago crowd stadium was packed with thousands of fans wearing blue and white. Some repping Duke and and others for Kentucky. The noise was almost deafening as we tried to play through it. But it seem to get harder and harder since we were down by 12 and no one on the Duke side seem to be consistent with our offense. Especially since the Kentucky guard Ulis was giving Derryck pure hell on defense. My eyes looked up at the scoreboard and saw there was only 5 minutes left.

The ref blew the whistle as the ball was in bounded. Derryck tried to pass the ball to me but the pass was intercepted by Murray leading to another Kentucky bucket. Before I knew it the buzzer sounded and we ended up losing 64-72. The guys all hung our head as we exited the court and to the lockerroom.

-
Bryson Tiller's album Trapsoul played as I exited the bathroom and walk into the bedroom part of my Chicago hotel room. The game plus the long flight from Durham to here left me beyond tired and right now the king-sized bed was calling my name. Setting my alarm clock, I climbed under the white sheets. Almost immediately sighing from how good it felt.

My eyes weren't closed for a hot second before there was a knock at the door. Frustrated, I got up to open it. I swung the door open to reveal Asia standing on the other side

"I'm sorry, were you sleeping ?" Asia asked.

Anybody else I probably would've snap for bothering me this late but this was Asia. She was so sweet. "I was on my way. Why, do you need something?"

Asia look down at her feet as she spoke. "W-well I was wondering if y-you wanted to come with me to to tour and walk around downtown Chicago. "

"A ,do you know what time it is?" Looking behind me, the clock read 11:41 at night. "Besides we both could get in trouble for being out after curfew."

Asia look embarrassed at what I said. "I just really wanted to see this and I can't do it today because I was too busy taking pictures of you guys. But you're right, I don't want you getting in trouble because of me."

She then turned around to leave. I exhaled before thinking about it for a spilt second.

"Asia?" I called.

"Yes?" She answered.

I would definitely going to regret this if I got caught. "Just let me grab some things and I'll be ready."

-

"Isn't this beautiful?" Asia asked seem to be taken away by the sight of Downtown Chicago.

Even though I been to Windy City many times, the beauty still seem to amazed me. "Yeah it is."

Asia smiled up at me as we came up by the waterside. There was silence between us both while we stared out into the blue water, both of us lost in thoughts. My mind was still recalling the events from earlier game. I couldn't believe we lost the game we all been talking about nonstop. Coach K was definitely going to make us all run laps when we landed back in Durham.

When I looked back at A I noticed her rubbing her arms in attempt to warm herself up.

"You cold?" I questioned already taking my hoodie off and handing it to her.

Asia hesitated at first but with some insisting from me, she took it. "Thanks Brandon. I forgot how cold it could get here this time of year."

"You welcome, I think there's a coffee place around the corner from here. We could get some hot cocoa if you want." I suggested eager to get out of the cold.