09.

April 2, 2015 (2 weeks later)
Chicago,Illinois

Brandon's P.O.V.

"....Brandon Ingram with the three to start off the McDonald's All American game....!"

" ... Ingram again with the offensive rebound and score.... !! "

".....Another score for the Kinston native Ingram... ! "

"....And the game will end with 15 points , 9 boards and 2 steals for Ingram..."

**

Throwing the towel over my head, I smiled and waved at the crowd after the west was able to take the W over the east.

"Brandon ! Over here !" I heard someone yelled. Turning to see the reporter waiting mic in hand, I made my way over there.

"Well first of all congrats to a great performance in the McDonald's All American Game." The female reporter said.

"Thank you ."

"Just tell us how it feels having the once in a lifetime opportunity to come out here and participate in this game." She tilted the mic up to hear me clearly.

"Man this was amazing . I know stars like Lebron , Melo, Bryant, Durant and so many others played in this exact same event so this was amazing to even be considered for this." I said truthfully. Even if I didn't come out and score my occasional 31 points a game, I still had fun playing with other players who were considered to be on the same level of play as I am. Then working with mastermind high school head coaches such as Coach Smith. Overall the experience was unreal.

"Speaking of Durant, people say you could be the next him. Do you believe the hype ?"

I smiled and shook my head. Although my game was nice , I would never try to compare it to some of the greats such as Kevin. "It's nice that some people think that but I have a long way to go before being in the same conversation as Durant." I said truthfully.

"Alright congrats again and good luck on choosing your future school."

"Thanks." I turned around to go look for my family and spotted them in the mix of the large crowd. They begin making their way towards me.

"Good job little brother ! " Britt said once she reached me.

"You did good baby." Ma dukes smiled up at me.

"Thanks Ma and Britt. Where dad?" I asked searching the stadium for him. My mother playfully rolled her eyes.

"Over there talking a hole in the UCLA's Coach's head." My mom pointed over to where my dad looked to deep conversation with a older man. I laughed knowing he was doing just that.

"Well we better get back to the hotel so I can shower and changed then call Kai before we leave for dinner." Unfortunately Kai wasn't able to attend because of a recruiting trip going on at LSU today. Leaving her no choice but to go Louisiana while I traveled to Chicago. We both promise to call each other after the events to let one another know how it went.

The women agreed following me out the building with two mischievous smirks on their face.

*********

I walked out the bathroom nothing but a pair of grey sweats after taking a much needed hot shower. Laying down I decided to dial Kai up. After getting her voicemail after 8 tries, I finally gave up and started to get ready for the team dinner.

15 minutes later, I heard a knock on my suit door. Throwing the hoodie over my head, I open my door to see Britt on the other side.

"Heey Baby brother. You ready for the team dinner?" She ask walking in to take a seat on the red futon.