10

"Heyyyyyyyyy, Alexanderrrrr!" Lafayette speaks loudly and I almost jump out of my skin.

"Laf! Are you drunk? Already?" I hope not. He always says this when he's drunk. He's kind of the gimmick of our group. 

"Who knows, huh?!" He laughs. I'm still concerned, but it looks like Mulligan's sucking all the concern from every human being on the planet by the look on his face. He steps over to Lafayette, attempting to place an arm over his shoulder.

"You can't get drunk so early in the afternoon! You have stuff to do! You have people to talk to! You have to stop doing this. It's getting dangerous. I can't keep watching out for you like this, I mean, well, I will, but I shouldn't have to. You're an adult!" Hercules sits Lafayette down at the edge of the room, then wanders back to the group, shaking his head.

"He always does this. I apologize." He mutters. Angelica laughs.

"It's fine, it's fine. It's not your fault. It's just, where did he get the alcohol?"She looks around the room. "Eh, whatever. It doesn't matter." Peggy bounces on her toes for no other reason than to be energetic.

"What took you guys so long?! We've been waiting for ages!!" She prods, asking more inaudible questions as she's speaking so fast it's impossible to keep up.

"We waited for five minutes, Peggy." She presses down on her sister's shoulders, preventing her from bouncing. "But you do bring up a good question. Where were you, Herc? I would say we've been looking all over for you, but that's not the truth. We were all really worried about you."

"We had to tie Lafayette's mouth shut because he wouldn't stop asking where you went!" Peggy chimes in. Hercules blushes and shoots John and I a look, saying "If you tell them I will brutally murder you". John and I look at each other, stifling laughter.

"I, uh, got lost trying to find the bathroom." He puts on a convincingly awkward smile. "I mean, I found it, but I couldn't find my way back. Alex and John helped me." The sisters laugh as if they know what really happened, but nod.

"Hey!" Peggy almost shouts, bouncing once again. "We should go somewhere! On a walk, to a tavern, anywhere! I like this group!" 

"What about Lafayette? He can't go anywhere right now..." Hercules interjects her plan. He does have a point. After little thought, he adds, "Eh, I'll just stay with him. He is my best friend after all. How could I have fun without him?" Peggy frowns, but allows it.

"Alright, but you know where to find us." We decide to take a trip to the Common. "See you later, Herc!" We all join in and say our goodbyes, heading off down the road.

Once we arrived, we walk around for a little bit, talking about things that are neither here, nor there. Eventually we make our way to the center of the common, where there are people giving speeches, passing out pamphlets, etc. We make our way around, listening to various arguments, when I see someone dressed like fake royalty, spewing some lies from a paper, something along the lines of "Free Thoughts on the Proceedings of the Continental Congress". The last thing I hear before tuning out everything except the words of my opponent is:

"Where's Alex?"