Chapter 2

(Third person point of view)

  It seemed like a normal day in 221b Baker Street. Sherlock Holmes was experimenting with some unknown chemicals in the kitchen and Dr. John Watson was typing their most recent completed case on his blog. There was a sound of spilling liquids and sizzling along with Sherlock yelling “Dammit, not again!” from the kitchen and John closed his eyes and shook his head. He closed his laptop and set it on the coffee table in front of the grey leather sofa he was sitting on.

  There was a knock at the door, which startled John. He opened the door to his flat, went down the stairs, and opened the front door of the building. There was a girl there. She had beautiful, ginger hair, ivory skin, and bright green eyes. John smiled at her, and she brushed her long hair (which wasn’t brushed too well) out of her face. She was wearing a dark blue dress that had a few tears in it and had dirt spots spread out on it. Her arms and legs had a few light purple bruises.

  “Hello,” The doctor greeted her. “Are you alright?”

  She sighs.

  “Not really,” The woman replies in a Scottish accent. “Uhm. I’m Rosalie Parker, I think. I was told that I was attacked a few days ago. I was told to come here, and get help from a Sherlock Holmes? Are you Sherlock?”

  “Uhm, no. Sorry. I’m John Watson. Sherlock is up in our flat.” He holds his hand out to shake hers, but she just stares at his hand and after a few seconds he awkwardly pulls it back. He steps out of the doorway and holds his arm out towards the inside of the building. “You can go up and see him, though.”

  She thanks him and steps through the doorway.

  John has blonde hair, light skin, and brown eyes. He wears a light colored jumper and blue jeans.

  He leads her up the stairs and through the door to the flat. A man in blue/grey striped bottoms, a grey t-shirt, and a dark blue robe is lying on a grey couch with his eyes closed. He opens his eyes and looks her up and down.

  “Tell me from the beginning, don’t be boring.” He says.

  “I don’t know the beginning.” I tell him. “All I remember is waking up in the woods in pain and tired. I walked around for a bit, found a trail, then fell asleep on it. Next time my eyes opened I was in a hospital bed.”

  “Boring!” He exclaims.

  “Sherlock!” John scolds him.

  Sherlock had curly, dark brown hair. His eyes were blue and grey with little bits of gold around the pupil. His cheekbones were sharp, his skin light. His hands were in prayer position in front of his mouth and his eyes closed when Rosalie walked in.

  “Uhm. What did you say your name was?” John asks.

  “Rosalie Parker, I think.” She tell him.

  “You think?” He asks.

  “A doctor told me that I have Retrograde Amnesia.”  She explained. “I can’t remember how I got it or anything about myself or my life. The doctor said that Rosalie Parker is tattooed to my neck, so they believe that it’s my name.”

  Sherlock’s eyes open as she says this. He sits up and looks at her and then smiles briefly at her.

  “I’ll take the case.” He says.