From England With Love x - Part 8 - An England Reader Insert Novel

Start from the beginning

I paused a moment before I tossed the phone from its handle and socket into the wall.

"This is not some cheap American horror movie! I WILL NOT BE PLAYED BY THAT COMMIE!"

And before could even grab my coat for the door a loud screeching took my senses and sent me ten feet in the air.

……

…..

......

My ears were bumping and I spluttered for breath-

" JONES?!"

I couldn't manage another word as I lay under the rubble, no mere human would have survived that. Alfred broke free of the two feet of rubble first before helping me out.

"That bastard! That bloo-"

I coughed as I tried to wake myself up. Alfred jumped up on to a rock and skipped around them taking up his arms and strapping him to his legs:

"And here I thought we might get a small break this morning."

Alfred bent his glasses back into place as he squinted.

"Just as well ***** wasn't here…."

My eyes widened as if stings pulled me to my feet. Taking up my weapons I made a dash for the resemblance of the door.

"WE NEED TO FIND HER!"

As we ran I kept stumbling, coughing, dragging my feet. The sky was grey and I couldn't run for long before toppling over.

"ARTHUR!"

Alfred doubled back crouching to my side.

"Get up man! You aren't finished yet!"

The faith of the people of Britain was failing… were we going to lose?

"GET UP DAMMIT!"

As if Alfred words were magic I brought myself to my feet coughing and running, gun in hand. As I ran to the centre of town, People were fleeing, I would direct them to safe house undergrounds but there seemed to be just too many of them.

The centre of town was a knock to the head as there were a storm of green shirts and trench coats guns ablaze.

Russia had infiltrated Heathrow airport months ago and had been passing through unnoticed this whole time! How the bloody hell did I not see?!  

My men were everywhere and I couldn't raise my voice loud enough. Alfred called out the Union Arms code and few men came to help us.

"Sir Kirkland! Sir! We have shop windows acting as defence but they won't hold! People are retreating to the undergrounds but many aren't making it in time!"

"Round up all of your men to each underground passage! And send three of your other men to look for a lone woman in a black brown coat!"

"But Sir?!"

"THAT'S AN ORDER!"

" SIR YES SIR!"

Alfred had rounded more men up and ran east of the centre of the city using a toppled red bus as protection to shoot the Russians.

I had to lead my men…

But I had to find ****** as well.

***** would know what to do…

She was probably underground now…

I have to help my men fight…

The fighting went on for hours and men were dropping like flies at the hand of the Russians. I couldn't find Alfred and I was growing tired and faint from the warfare. How could we have been so unprepared?! Was it that I was looking to help other countries?! Or because I ignored others?!

The British Empire was about to fall when something only by the gift of god blessed our skies.

Hundreds of F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighters blessed with the Canadian leaf tore across the London skyline sending Russian jets crashing to the ground. The morale of the British men skyrocketed and belts of joyous cries could be heard all over the capital.

This surely meant that the Canadian foot men would follow suit!

I heard the sound of a joyous cry as Alfred called out Matthews's name repeatedly to his men.

Suddenly, As If I had drunk twenty cups of coffee I felt a rush go back to my head as I could focus. Energy returned to my bones and I could think oh so clearly.

Now I could go find ******