Chapter 3 - Jason

Look two pages! I told you it would be longer this time! ;) Go Jason! Plus this one isn't spaced as much! This one only took an hour to write! I'm so proud ha ha!

Jason

Jason was enjoying himself by eating a taco. One that Leo had made, he didn't know why he liked them so much. Maybe it was because it brought back good memories of when they were on their first quest together, and before he had to start worrying about where his loyalties lie.

In the past week he had finally picked that he would do better with the Greeks. He even acted more Greek than Roman now. He was worried about what Percy was feeling. Was he feeling part Roman or did he feel like he had never even been to the Roman camp? That would a subject they would have to talk about later. He was happy for Reyna now that she had a great Praetor, Frank, instead of Octavian.

He was about to get up to grab another taco, when he heard a scream. A scream he would recognize anywhere, Piper's scream. He grabbed his weapon, and ran out of the kitchen as fast as he could. He had to save Piper from whatever had made her scream.

He ran up the stairs skipping one to two at a time, he had to reach Piper. He hit the door at the top of the stairs. It was stuck shut. He kept pushing and trying to kick it down, it wouldn't budge. On the outside he could hear swords making a loud thud sound as it hit something hard.

"One last try." He thought to himself. He backed up as far as he could go, he took a running start and hit the door with all his weight. Wood exploded everywhere as the door broke.

The sun was shining so brightly outside that he couldn't see anything. He could still hear what was going on around him. Annabeth and Piper were worried about something Percy was doing as usual. He could feel the heat from Leo as he used his fire power and he heard Hazel ride past on Arion. When his eyes finally got used to the bright light, he realized he couldn't see Frank anywhere.

Now he could see whatever had begun to attack the Argo ll. It looked like a giant dragon fish, with orange, yellow, and red scales. It had feet like a dragon, but it also had two fins, where wings should've been. He made the Argo ll look like a little toy boat compared to how big it was. It had dark red eyes that only showed one emotion; anger.

"Nice of you to finally join us!" Percy yelled with a smirk as he ran by.

"Ha ha, very funny Jackson." he said sarcastically. "So, what's the plan?"

"I don't know; I'm just kind of winging it." Percy stated like it was no big deal.

"Don't you always?" he asked rolling his eyes.

"Yeah" Percy said with a wink.

One thing that Jason had noticed since he had gotten on the deck, is the sea monster had only been going after Percy. He seemed to always be the one that the monsters wanted. Probably for two reasons, one because they wanted revenge for one of their long lost relatives or something, or secondly they had heard of what a great legend he was and they wanted a chance of beating him.

The sea dragon, named Cetus as Annabeth had informed him a minute ago, was trying to hit Percy with his tail or trying to bite him.

"He's just always unlucky isn't he?" He yelled to Annabeth, as they jumped over the dragon's swinging tail.

"I know! It's like they're addicted to him!" She screamed over all the noise.

"Ha ha Percy's a monster drug!" Leo laughed as he ran by.

Leave it to Leo to make a comment like that while were fighting for their lives.

Right as they looked over in Percy's direction, they saw him get hit in the chest with a fifty pound dragon fish tail. He hit the ground hard and laid there gasping for the air that had been knocked out of his lungs. With some amazing instinct he had, he managed to roll out of the way, right as Cetus took a chunk out of the deck, with his razor sharp teeth.

"You're not touching my boyfriend! You stupid sea monster!" Annabeth screamed fiercely as she ran off to help Percy.

They had to end this fight before Cetus managed to hurt Percy more than he already had! He flew up into the air and yelled at the top of his lungs "Come and get me you slow, useless monster!" He tried to look threatening but the truth was, he was scared out of his mind.

The monster slithered his way over to Jason, his eye's full of hatred for the Son of Jupiter. He swung his sword and hit it square in the face. He could Piper at the bottom yell with effort as she stabbed one of the legs. Hazel's horse was stomping on another one of it's feet. While Percy and Annabeth were trying to cut the tail off.

They had created the perfect distraction for Jason to kill the monster. He dived forward and struck the beast right in the heart. It screamed in agony and started to sway back and forth.

"Watch out!" He yelped as the monster started to fall forward.

Everyone managed to get out of the way as it left a hole in the deck and sank down into the lake.

"Really!" Leo groaned as he saw the hole it had made. "Why couldn't he have fallen backwards?"

Everyone couldn't help but laugh at how upset he was.

"It is so not funny!" He grumbled as he saw everyone laughing at him.

"Come on Leo, you have to admit that was pretty ironic." Piper said doubled over laughing

"I guess it was a little funny." Leo reluctantly admitted.

Everyone was beginning to relax now since the immediate threat had passed. When they heard a door slam shut, and hurried footsteps running up the stairs. They all looked at one another curiously, Percy and Jason pulled out their weapons again, ready for another fight.

Frank burst on to the deck. "What did I miss?" He gasped in between breaths.

Everyone just stared at him. How could he have possibly missed all of the battle?

"In case you were wondering, I fell asleep." He said defensively when he saw the looks they gave him.

"Obviously." Replied Percy with his trouble maker smile, to show he didn't mean any offence.

Jason was about to suggest to start cleaning up, when he heard Gaea's raspy, cold, voice in his head. "You'll never beat me Demigods, I have gotten too strong. There is no hope, only a few of you will make it through this quest and live to see another year. Give me the Son of Neptune and no one will die. The world will be left in peace and all of you can go on with your lives. You have an hour to decide."

By the look on everyone else's face they had all heard Gaea's proposal. Everyone looked shocked, except for Percy. He looked like he was about to break down and as if all of this was just too much for him to control. That's what scared Jason the most, even more than Gaea's threat. He had never seen Percy look so hopeless.

Annabeth had seen the look on Percy's face to. "You do know that we would never sacrifice you right?" She had a desperate look in her eyes. Like she needed to see Percy be strong again. It wasn't just her; they all wanted to see Percy get better from his ordeal in Tartarus.

He just gave a slight nod with his head while still looking at the floor.

"Come on, let's go get something to eat" She suggested gently.

As she went to take Percy by the arm he took a deep, loud, breath and his eye's rolled up into the back of his head as he passed out.

Chapter three is complete! Since there is no school you can expect another update really soon! I finally figured out how to attach photo's! Go Shelby!

Question: If you could be any Percy Jackson character (Except for one of the 7) Who would you be?

Dedication: This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful NameChanger! Like Percabeth818 she has the most amazing stories! She loves to have fun and has the most creative ideas! She is also known as the Neon Unicorn! She's amazing and you could never find a better friend!

Comment, Vote, Fan!

~Shelby