~

February 5th, 2012

The coldest season of the year was approaching its end. Evelina Frost had spent all winter with her father. It was the best time she could ask for but now, it was time for her to return home. Her father couldn't keep her with him for long, he had duties to fulfill and he couldn't complete them with his 17-year-old daughter tagging along and slowing him down.

Jack Frost had to take Evelina back to her friends in Storybrooke.

Evelina had spent the winter season helping her father bring snow days all around the world. And as the cold days came to an end, she now had to return home to the Charming's, as they were the designated people who cared for her.

Evelina's mother was back in her own realm ruling a kingdom. Evelina only knew her by memories and stories, but most had faded away for she hadn't seen her mother since... Ever.

She spent most of her time with her father. She grew up to be a beautiful girl, with long platinum blonde hair she inherited from her mother and deep blue eyes that seemed to have a snowflake pattern in them. Those she inherited from her father. She was petite, had a figure like her mother, and had energy and excitement like her aunt.

Overall, Evelina Frost was a lovely girl.

With similar magic to her parents, she was as unique as a snowflake.

But at the moment, Evelina was mad.

She was angry at her father for leaving her in Storybrooke when she wanted to continue helping him with his Guardian duties.

And as her father landed at the Town Line, she had her arms crossed and her lips pouted. Her father laughed and knew this was her way of showing she was angry. But as the father of a young teenager, he knew how to deal with her.

"Evelina."

The girl said nothing and instead turned her back toward her dad. He chuckled and flew over to face her.

"Evelina..."

She once again turned away and her father was now getting frustrated. Jack then froze his daughter's feet to the ground to prevent her from moving. He heard her gasp.

"That's not fair, we agreed no magic," she snapped and waved her hand over the ice to get rid of it. It disappeared quickly and she finally turned toward her father, who had a twinkle in his eyes.

"Stop being so stubborn. I'll come and visit you sometime. And next winter, I'll pick you up. Just like every year, OK?" Jack spoke softly as he convinced his child he would be back soon. Evelina sighed sadly but nodded in defeat. She knew Jack had important work to deal with and she knew he couldn't do much with her lagging behind him.

Evelina kissed his cheek and gave him a tight hug.

"I'll miss you, dad," she muttered and Jack lifted her off the ground, as he used to do when she was a toddler.

"And I as well, snowflake. But I promise I'll be back. I always come back," he reassured and placed a loving kiss on his daughter's forehead. She pulled away and walked towards the town line. When she crossed, Evelina felt the familiar tingle of the protection spell wash over her and when she glanced back, the image of her father was gone.

Evelina gave one last sigh before she began rushing towards the Charming's loft, where she knew she would be welcomed with open arms and a warm dinner.

~

Storybrooke was quiet. Too quiet for Evelina's liking. As she neared the main part of town, Evelina scrunched her eyebrows as she looked around. It looked exactly like Storybrooke, but something was off. She just couldn't quite place her finger on it. It was dark by the time she arrived in town. Around 8 p.m., she presumed. As she glanced up at the Storybrooke clock right above the old library, she noticed it had stopped ticking again. Evelina frowned and continued walking.

Must be broken again, Evelina thought naively. She passed Granny's Diner, a commonplace for town folk to eat. It looked completely deserted and gloomy. The cheery lights Granny usually had up were off and in fact, were not even spotted.

Evelina felt as if she had returned to a place other than what she remembered as home. She was now afraid and could feel ice beginning to form at her feet. She quickened her steps and rushed home, small patches of ice forming with every step she took.

The cold wind wasn't bothering her as she raced through Storybrooke. In fact, it just encouraged her to go faster. She let out a small sigh of relief when she approached the Charming's home. She threw the door open to the building and ran up the many stairs until she reached the top. As she stood in front of the door, Evelina began fishing for the keys in her purse.

Just as she found her keys, the door swung open and she came face to face with the Savior. Except, as Evelina examined Emma Swan's face, she knew something was terribly wrong.

Emma had dark bags under her eyes and they were rimmed with red. The blonde was pale and her cheeks lost the color they once held. Emma looked scared, desperate, and frustrated, all were traits a girl should never have all at once.

Emma seemed to have lost hope.

But when Emma saw her friend was finally home, the Savior felt as if they had gained a strand of hope back.

"We have a lot to talk about," Emma simply said before yanking Evelina inside, where Emma began to tell her everything that had happened since she had left last November.

And Evelina Frost was left furious.

*unedited*

Btw the story takes place back in 2012, but it doesn't mean I wrote it back then. For some reason people seem to think this book was written back then...

2012 is just the year where Peter Pan joined ouat. I was going for accuracy.

The book started in 2016 😊

Thank you for reading! Have a burrito🌯