He runs at me again only this time I don't move out of the way.
Instead I run towards him and punch him hard, right in the throat.

He gags and stumbled backwards, his hands are on his neck as he fights for air.
I want to go in and finish him off but all of a sudden, I'm too weak to stand.

My legs tremble as I fight to stay standing. The crowd sees that I'm losing my strength and the immediately demand for another fight to start.

I want to collapse right there on the sand. I can't make it through another fight. Unfortunately the people have no interest in whether or not I am well.

All they know is that an elf the assumed to be unbeatable, was collapsing before their very eyes. But that wasn't enough for them. They had to see me be beaten.

My previous opponent is led away and a new one enters the arena. I straighten myself and push away my exaustion. I can do this, I can beat him.

He wastes no time in attacking. I just manage to move out of the way before his fist connects with my chest. What I didn't expect him to do was grab my hair and pull it.

I try to stay up but my feet slip on the sand. I turn to my side just before I hit the ground, saving my back from any more pain.

My immediate impulse is to get back up but just as I'm about to move I see him.

The blue cloaked man, sitting in the crowd. His hood is still drawn over his face but I know that he's watching me.

If I hadn't been distracted by him I would have noticed the man who was about to kick me in the back. When his foot connected with my back stars exploded in my head.

He kicks me again.

The pain is so sudden that I can't even scream.

Another kick.

I feel blackness creeping into my mind.

And another....

I let myself fall into nothingness. The last thing I am aware of is the cloaked man leaving the arena.

////

When I come back to my senses I'm back in my cell. I'm laying on my side and the first thing that comes to my mind is that I lost.

I lost my first fight.

I curl my hand into a fist and bang it on the stone floor. I do it again, and again, until my hand starts to bleed.

I shout in frustration as I stop slammimg my fist on the floor. I try to push myself into a sitting position and collapse as soon as I move.

I lay my head on the cool, but filthy, stone floor. I'm bruised and bloody, but not broken. Not yet, they won't break me that easy.

What frustrates me is that those men were the ones to bring me to this state. I am far stronger than they are, I am an elf. I should be stronger.

Faster.
Far more resiliant than they.
Yet here I am, laying on the ground, helpless and unable to move.

I hear footsteps and voices approaching and I close my eyes before they arrive at the door to my cell.

"I don't know what you're trying to gain here, but if you want to deal with him than be my guest."

I know that's Veliron's voice, but who is he talking to?
"Get up! You've slept long enough!"
A harsh kick to my ribs causes my eyes to fly open and a gasp to escape my lips.