When he makes his presence in his pack known once more, they will no longer doubt his authority, for his Omega, and their Luna will be presented with him.

Having believe that it's been enough time for the dainty boy to have washed away the bitter smell of his former Alpha, Harry prepares for his return, but not before hunting down a rabbit.

He'll take it as an early welcoming gift.

***

It's dim and shabby with mouldy wooden walls and the lingering smell of death.

It's the worst place Louis was ever taken too.

He doesn't know such a bad stated cabin lives in his - was his - pack. It appears abandoned and unused for years, and probably many more that are still to come. The furniture is full of dust and maybe bugs smaller than what the normal eye can see, patches of weed grows between the weak slabs of wood that's meant to be called a floor and there are holes on the roof, displaying the show the moon and stars put on.

"There's a shower up stairs." Liam says to him, standing not to far away. He doesn't look the least bit bothered in the situation the cabin is in.

Louis takes note of the steps that lead to the upstairs rooms and he wonders, is it even safe to climb up?

Puffing out his cheeks and tightening his robe around himself, he marches determinedly over. He doesn't want to let himself fuss over something that is only temporary.

When his foot steps on the first block of wood that leads to others going up, the board shrieks from under him, making him put pause on his determined streak.

"Their doesn't happen to be a downstairs bathroom, does there?" He asks with a twinge of hope. He really doesn't want to fall through the floor and onto the ground level.

The Beta chuckles from where he stands with his arms crossed over his broad chest, "I'm afraid not. You could probably use the sink but, I wouldn't recommend that." His nose scrunchels up.

"Right..." Louis mumbles to himself. He takes a deep breath and starts to climb up, he's surprised it didn't collapse under his weight. To his little pleasure, the floor above isn't as bad as it is below. Decorative paintings of a beach and castle hung on nails, giving off a warmer and home-y feel. The decaying smell of meat isn't as strong and unlike the stairs, the wooden floor feels much sturdier.

The hallway is small, only having two doors on both sides. Louis goes to open the one on his right only to find a small bedroom with a descent sized bed. It must be the room him and his mate will be sleeping on.

His mate.

The two words together feels foreign in his mind. As singulars, they are just another word in his vocabulary, but together they stand tall and proud, making him think about what happened in the last few hours of the night.

No Alpha, not one, had approached him as he wandered aimlessly through the area. He thought it was because there were much better Omegas than him, there were multiple, all from different packs all over the country, there was no doubt a lot were highly more worthy. Yet, the moment Harry asked him such a simple yet complicated question that left him puzzled of his sanity, he wondered:

If Alphas haven't approached him because of the dark flower that managed to make a home on his head, and Harry obviously saw the offending item, why had he chosen him?

Louis' face displays a large frown, the second question coming back to him in a rush, how exactly did his purity turn to contamination as it sat on his head with no one to touch it?

The confusion sends his mind in a spin, playing on the marry-go-wheel like child's play.

He couldn't worry about that, it no longer matters when he's mated to such an enticing creature like his.

He shuts the bedroom door and enters the one opposite of it. The moment he breaths in he curses the Moon Goddess for putting him in such a place.

The first thing he notices is the fowl stench of sewer. It wraps around him like a sickening blanket of manure causing his nose to scrunch up in distaste. Quickly, he plugs his nose in attempt to stop himself from breathing it in.

The next thing he notices is the rust on the metal of the shower, toilet and sink. It's a deep red and brown, making him believe at first for it to be the cause of the decay. It climbs up the tiled walls in a way vines do to a brick wall.

It's a wonder why Alpha Lockwood hasn't knocked it down yet.

Louis doesn't want to stay in the rusted room for much longer so he quickly starts the shower, almost squealing in surprise when hot water comes out. It's probably the only thing good in the forsaken place. Louis strips off his robe and lays it on the floor after he makes sure it's a descent spot to put it.

There are no hair cleansing soaps, only a small bar of body wash. It will have to do.

As he washes, his mind drifts over to the Alpha he came with. Louis' disappointed when Liam told him he had gone for a short run. He wants Harry to be the one he first saw when he woke from his nap, but imagine his long face when he saw the face of his Beta instead.

It doesn't completely dampen his mood, he thinks about the night they are about to spend together, and the next morning when he introduces him to his mother.

His mom. He lost all thoughts about her when he first stepped into the gathering. He can  already picture the large smile on her face when she learns that her son has been mated to a wanton Alpha, but her sad eyes would be noticeable. It would be rare if he ever saw her again, usually an Omega would forget their old life as they started their new one.

He promises himself that he would call her.

When Louis steps out of the shower, he notices how the cabin is still as quiet as he first stepped inside, he frowns. Harry must still be out. Tying his robe back on, he steps out and quickly makes his way down the stairs again.

He catches sight of the Beta resting on a reclining chair, his hand tapping at the arm rests.

"Is he not back yet?" Louis asks as he reluctantly sat on the two seater couch beside him.

"No, not yet." Liam says with a small smile.

Louis figures he wasn't in the shower for too long, for if he was, Harry would be back.

They sit in silence for a moment, Louis still in his thoughts about his mother before a question wiggles itself into his head nagging at his self esteem.

"The pack," he starts off while fiddling with his sleeve, "Are they nice?"

He knows from experience that some are not acceptable of the Luna their Alpha has chosen. When Lockwood came home with his mate, Isabelle, he heard some of the members talk madly bad about how she wasn't ready to care for a pack.

He fears the same case for himself.

"Once you warm up to them." Liam chuckles.

It did little to settle his nerves.

"Any advice on when it comes to the Ritual?"

Louis' mind is split in half on what to feel for the tradition, it will be both the second most important night of his life, and the most nerve wracking. It's when he and Harry will become blood linked, when he becomes the packs official Luna, and the night he looses his virtue in front of many.

"Honestly?" Asks Liam. He sits up straight and turns his body so he's facing Louis properly. When Louis nods his head, he continues, "The packs bigger than most others, but only a selected few will be present. In order to earn the respect from the whole pack, you must gain the respect of those. The key is confidence, the wolves don't desire a pup who quivers under judgmental eyes. They want a mother who will stand strong even though deep down they're not, all at the same time as caring."

His words ring deep into Louis' ears.

"It's a matter of showing them presence even when all is wrong."