Test subject.

Do you know what it's like to be a mouse in a maze? I bet you don't. Do you know what it's like when you can feel people staring at you? Judging what you do. Assessing if you should even be allowed to live. You don't know if you should do what they want, or purposefully disobey them, but yet you don't even know what they want. Do they want you to fail? Or to win? That’s the thing. You’re never supposed to know. You’re never supposed to know why they are making you go through these tests, and they never tell you how to solve it. That is the only time when you are truly confused. I found all of these things out myself, and I hope that you, by reading this, will learn.

I woke up, in white. It didn't feel like a room, just white, everywhere was white, the same shade of white, the same lighting. I looked up but couldn't see any light fixtures, but yet the room was bright. And yet no shadows. There was no sound aside from my breathing. It didn't even feel like there was a temperature, much less a breeze of any kind. I was not wearing what I was wearing just a few seconds ago in my house. I was no wearing an orange jump suit, with shoes and socks. The shirt had the letters "TES" Spelled out in big block letters. I checked, and was happy to find that I even had underwear. Not mine though. I got up, and began walking. This went on for what felt like half an hour. Too long. I took of my shirt, and threw it, it hit a wall. I couldn't see the wall, but it was there. Maybe only a yard away. I began walking and soon stood next to my shirt. I picked it up and threw it again. It hit the same wall, same distance away... Disturbed I began throwing the shirt in all of the directions i could think of. I discovered that there were four walls surrounding me; all the same exact distance apart, and no matter how much I ran or walked I never got any closer. I yelled. Loudly I yelled "Hello!"

I did this with purpose though. Not to expect a response, but to listen for an echo. I heard exactly what I wanted to hear. There was an echo that reached me after the others. It meant that there was a wall farther back somewhere. I yelled again. It came from my right, on the right wall. I yelled again, and determined that it was somewhere on the left side of the right wall. I took off a shoe and threw it; it went much farther back than the other throws. Happily I ran for it, but I never got closer. It then made sense to me that I must have been on a treadmill or something, something that matched my speed to keep me where I was. So I jumped, and thankfully I got farther that I had when running. I kept jumping until I reached the shoe, and of course I threw it again, this time it hit a wall, a bit farther back. Again just to be safe I started jumping again. Once I reached the shoes I saw something new. To my right was another room, but this one I could see. The ceiling and walls were still white, but you could see a black line where they met. Also the floor was now a gray tiled surface.

I felt better about this room since I could see it and seemed to be able to move freely through it, but the questions which I had at first tried to remove from my mind for control began to creep in. I began to wonder where I was. The thought that I was dead had long since gone, but I was beginning to think that I was we'll and truly being watched. As soon as I stepped into the room a solid steel door dropped behind me. I took another step forward, and instantly all of the tiles dropped into some black pit which was revealed under the floor, even the ones I was standing on... But I didn't drop. I figured this one out, much faster than the other one. Obviously there was still a floor present in the room, just hard to see, if possible at all. However there was another concern, it was impossible to tell if there was a point where it dropped into the pit. There was no reason to think this, but I doubted the room would be there is it didn't have some sort of trick to it. But the main question now was, if there was a danger? Thus far there hadn't been any mortal danger so I had no reason to believe that would suddenly change. But again i had no reason to think it wouldn't. There were no hand holding in the walls from what I could see, and there appeared to be only one way to go, and I could see it. On the other side of the room was a door. Plain oak wood door against that white wall. It looked like it was standing on its own with no walls to hold it up.