The dark.

I can't go to bed. There's something, in my room... I have to keep the lights on, not because it's keeping them away, but because they like it. I'm just sitting here in my room, typing on my computer. I'm hoping someone will see this, and offer help. I don't know much about the super natural, and I don't even know what this thing is. Please someone help!

It started with a oujia board. My room mate and I were playing with it, just to try it out. Little needs to be said about that... The thing moved around, and it in fact spelled something out. K-E-E-P-_- T-H-E-_-L-I-G-H-T-S-_-O-N.

I thought it was just my room mate playing around. Course he didn't admit it. Eventually he went out to the store, we were running out of milk, and I decided I had to do some studying. Exams were coming up, and I had some serious studying to do.

Either way, I was upstairs in my room, and the lights were off downstairs. At some point I heard the door open, and then close again. I thought my friend had come back, and so I went back downstairs. The lights were still off, and my room mate wasn't back... I turned on the lights, and went half way down the stairs. Seeing that no one was home, I turned off the lights and went back up stairs.

That was when I heard it. A voice. It was just a little kids voice, maybe a boy, but I can't be too sure. The voice said in a very soft whisper. "Please, turn on the lights."

At first I thought it was just the twisting of the wind. Just a trick of sound, maybe even the creaking of the stairs as I changed the placement of my feet. It un-nerved me none the less, that is for sure. I ignored it, and shook my head, trying to get the weird thoughts that clouded my head out. I then started back up the stairs once more. That was when I heard the voice once more. "Please ma'am... I don't like the dark. I really don't."

I froze in place, terrified. I slowly turned on the stairs, and looked down them. There was a face in the dark... Its eyes seemed darker than the surrounding night, but its face was pale, and doughy. It was the face of a child. I was sitting in the dark, and I decided to keep it that way. That was... Until my room mate finally came home. The face disappeared just as the front door opened.

Samantha, my room mate, flicked on the living room light, and started walking forward. She stopped when she saw me standing on the stairs, I assume I looked petrified. Samantha looked up the stairs and said. "Marg?" She leaned in closer. "What are you doing there?"

I took one step down, careful not to step into the full light, and trying to hide in the shadows. "Turn off the lights." I whispered.

"What?" Samantha asked, stepping closer. "Speak up!"

"Turn off the lights!"

The whispering sounded again... I couldn't tell what it said, but I knew it wasn't meant for me. "Hold on... Did you bring a man here?" She asked.

"No!" I replied.

"He sounds a bit young... you sly-"

... That was as far as she got... There was a burst of light from somewhere only she could see... She seemed to be grabbed by something invisible, and pulled away. I couldn't see her... But I could hear her screams...

That was all I needed to run back upstairs and into my room, turning off all the lights... The only light left was my computer monitor... I tried calling the police, and even tried their website, but they didn't believe me... I'm writing this because this is all I have left that I can do... I'm trying to write it fast so I can slip out my bedroom window, then I'll try and get as far away as I can before the sun comes up, that is when I will take shelter in a dark room. Hopefully I can make it into custody, maybe they will put me in some special room to keep me safe.

I'm writing this to warn you... Don't use a wedgie board... I was doing some research before writing this... We must have summoned something on accident... I don't know what it is... But it doesn't like the dark, that seems to be the only thing keeping me alive... It wants me, and it won't stop until it get's me... If anyone sees this... Please visit my house, it's [][][][][][][][]. Please, someone needs to report Samantha...

And remember... Don't use a ouija board.